Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....but I have bought Wynn's 325ml Dry Fuel to prevent condensation build up in fuel tank which is two thirds full . Giving the car a good shampoo as covered with reddish dust from the Sahara!

Can anyone recommend a good Tyre shine product which lasts?

R line DSG 115 in Makena Turquoise
Electric mirrors
Sound Beats system,
Active Info display
Rear camera

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
My last week's Auto Express did a car clean section. Their best recommendation was Carplan Tyre Slik £4.50 saying shine lasted for weeks in their test.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your fuel tank is less than full, condensation forms on tank walls subsequently mixing with petrol. Wynns seemingly resolves this problem. As my car has been standing idle for weeks now and likely to continue for sometime, I thought it a good cheap solution.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wynns dryfuel works by emulsifying any water in your fuel thus allowing it to mix with the fuel and get burnt off.
Really not necessary on a new car, but worthwhile on something 3 or 4 years old. The condensation is a tiny issue....the bigger issue is water in the fuel tanks at the garage you get your fuel from.

To be honest, I wouldn't ever believe any car product tests in Autoexpress.
The tests are normally 'won' by companies that advertise with them, funny old thing.

Meguires tyre gel is very good, however, I never use any of them as they normally leave your alloys covered in gunk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.