Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far only done 400 miles, as holiday came a week after getting the car. Am achieving 40mpg with city drive and and one 50 mile round trip each week. Just sussed the auto headlights and very happy with them. Love the car apart from start/stop(too sensitive brake pedal pressure on dsg) and I was initially upset at not specifying Active Info I have since discovered how many displays are available in the box between the dials and happy now I can get the current speed displayed in big numerals. Even the oil temp comes up. I use sport mode in the city and normal on dual carriage way.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just drove back from city in 30 limit, someone pulled up at side junction and my car jammed on brakes and locked wheels up. That seemed a very aggressive emergency assist to me, anyone experienced similar?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes it's very aggressive when needed. I was driving about 65 kmph and I noticed one car ahead of me braking and turning to petrol station, I estimated that no braking needed but suddenly my car was not thinking the same and was braking very heavily.

-eelis-

·
Registered
72 Posts
Digitalracer said:
Just drove back from city in 30 limit, someone pulled up at side junction and my car jammed on brakes and locked wheels up. That seemed a very aggressive emergency assist to me, anyone experienced similar?
My T6 did exactly the same to me 2 weeks ago, side junction the same - the 1st time in a year of ownership. Frightening as there was no danger of collision. Was doing about 25mph at the time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not got our T-Cross yet but on my previous Golf GTE you could adjust the sensitivity in the settings. I set mine to medium rather than Early. Didn't have any false alarms then. Really miss the feature in my new BMW i3 especially in heavy traffic, great to have the extra pair of 'eyes' .

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked when I got home and mine was already on medium so reset to late.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.