Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm relatively new T cross owner and honestly losing my mind with VW customer service so thought I'd try you guys as seem to be very knowledgeable! I've tried answering by looking other posts but I can't resolve it.

1)what's the difference between VW connect & connect go apps?

2) blooming sat nav!!!
Both customer service and actual garage didn't get sat nav working and neither mentioned an SD card which I understand I need (never given one).
So do I definitely need to purchase a card, then what do I do??
Sorry to be a complete idiot but the phone people and garage people just confused me and sent me home still with no working sat nav and I need it for my job as community midwife!

Thanks for anyone who takes time to read my SOS x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can't resolve either of your queries as I dont have VW sat nav. However to get you through these days until your dealer sorts you out just download either Apple Carplay or Android auto to your smartphone. Then connect phone via a usb cable and you can then use google maps. Downside is you'll have to disconnect your phone at each visit as you wouldnt want to leave it in the car.
People often say the VW sat nav not the best so might not be worth paying extra for if Google Maps works?

As for WE Connect - also not heard much good about it on this and FB discussion groups.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
The 2 different apps (I think one's called weconnect go) One connects via mobile data to the car provided it has the functionality enabled during build, via a built in SIM. The other simply connects to a bluetooth dongle that fits in the OBD port.

Sat nav, ok, I'm assuming it has the NAV button on the front as you're asking. First thing is age if car? If before mid 2020 then it has the MIB2 head unit, this requires a VW map SD card in one of the slots in the glove box to work. It would have come with the car at first sale, so if it's missing the dealership that sold you the car should replace it.

Post mid 2020 is MIB3, this you can recognise, the media display has a short white line at the top, if you drag it down it's got mute (and maybe other features) this has sat nav functionality, but if the car doesn't have it enabled (depending on model level) then it is supposed to be able to be enabled by buying the add on which provides a software key for it. This doesn't need the SD card (the SD slots are blank) once enabled the maps can be downloaded and installed on a USB stick, or downloaded over the air.

For all this it would help to know the year and model of your cross

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for replies

It's Dec 2020 Tcross 1.0 BasicB070

I have data plans downloaded to car, but I have to pay for a software upgrade as well?

It's kicked me out as primary user (this process took 4 weeks last time with several VW phonecalls!) So will set up again and try. The we connect asking for data plug, is this what you mean I need?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
You don't need to pay for a software upgrade, you're paying to add functionality, The model you have this functionality is not an included option, just like adding mud flaps or side steps.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Theoretically you should on the head unit go to the 'shop' do 't know exactly, but others on here and the T-Roc and Tiguan forums mentioned this. You should also be able to get this done by the dealers, but information on the head unit at release last year has been patchy so some don't know much about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.