Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove a SEL last week and really liked the car and ride quality. The dealer had a R-Line in the show room and have to say I preferred the seats at this trim level along with the R-Line body styling. However had a could of reservations not sure if I like the black headlining and also how the 18 lower profile tyres affect the ride quality.

Therefore would appreciate any feedback form T-Cross R-Line drivers on how they are finding the car and it's ride quality, as I don't want to feel every pot hole.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have 18" tyres on the First Edition, the ride quality is good. Be wary of ride quality on new cars out of the showroom as the tyres are over inflated at the factory to about 40psi and the dealers don't always lower the pressures to recommended levels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi TR7_Driver,
I have a Pearl Black R-Line and have had it since 7th May. Although I have only done 760 miles so far (which included 4x60 plus miles journey - 2 in torrential rain) I am finding it great to drive and really enjoying it.
The roads in my area are pretty bad for pot holes so you do feel some of them but once on a decent road surface the ride is really pleasant and smooth. I really like the black headlining - but as my car is black it seems appropriate.
The seats are extremely comfortable and give you the feeling of being quite high up.
Other than some judder with the wipers I've had no problems and consider it to be one of the best cars I have owned (so far). I have previously had a VW polo an a VW Eos- both of which were reliable.
I don't think you will go wrong with the R-Line..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had my R-Line for just over a week now and find that it rides very well on the 18" wheels and low profile tyres. Also seems to absorb bumps/potholes etc., without any dramas!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a test drive booked for the weekend in an R-Line DSG, looking forward to it and hopefully will put my mind at rest of the concerns I currently have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.