Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I posted some initial questions after I picked up my new T-Cross last week here - https://www.tcrossforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=645

One of these questions was about the location of the mute button for the radio, and a couple of people suggested there wasn't one

This may be old news to experienced T-Cross owners but after spending a few happy hours messing around getting to grips with the Infotainment system, Ive found there is indeed a mute button, though it is a bit buried away.

If you swipe down from the top in the menu screen (where there is a white line about 3cm long above where the various icons show), you get some sort of control centre, and the first button here (which are all customisable) is a button to mute whatever is playing. Not quite as handy as having it on the steering wheel, but at least there is a relatively quick way of muting the audio.

Also, in the icons along the top of the screen, I think I have sussed out what all of them mean apart from one which shows a digit surrounded by a circle. On the attached image it is a 2, but I have also seen it as a 4. Does anyone have any idea what this means ?

Thanks in advance

Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Congratulations on discovering that, I just checked and this must be a new feature for the Mib3 devices, no line and or top menu for my Mib2 unfortunately. That'll be a really useful feature.

My first thought with the number was number of phones connected, but then you blew that thought with saying you've seen 4. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only thing I can think of (just because of where the icon is beside the connected phone battery level and signal strength) is that it might be the network that the inbuilt SIM is using - 2 for 2G and 4 for 4G, though I have never seen it show 3 (for 3G) - but doesn't seem likely as my mobile is on 3G all the time in the car park when I was messing. I'll try and keep an eye on it and see if it changes for any logical reason.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just at the VW dealers as our Cross in for a service. Checked a couple of the new models in the showroom, they all have that bar at the top now. Touched the NAV button on one, it came up with "this is available from the shop screen for (I think it was) £400"

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tricky2 said:
Just at the VW dealers as our Cross in for a service. Checked a couple of the new models in the showroom, they all have that bar at the top now. Touched the NAV button on one, it came up with "this is available from the shop screen for (I think it was) £400"
I had a look at the options in the online "shop" when I set up my We Connect account and saw the same option to purchase an annual Nav subscription. I didn't go too far but I think you're right at around £400. I'll stick with Apple Maps or Google Maps via CarPlay which seems to work well enough (though I may try and have another go with Waze as I never really spent enough time with it before).

Still scary how much I can see and do to the vehicle from the app (though it does help ease my paranoia I have left the lights on !!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi to all. I don't know if this has been figured out or already answered elsewhere, but the numbers shown near the phone battery level are actually information numbers. If for example you see the number 4 it means that the system has 4 unresolved issues which need your attention. These unresolved issues may be minor things like the e-sim is turned off and a hotspot is not available so the system cannot connect to internet etc..

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
saxo_29 said:
Hi to all. I don't know if this has been figured out or already answered elsewhere, but the numbers shown near the phone battery level are actually information numbers. If for example you see the number 4 it means that the system has 4 unresolved issues which need your attention. These unresolved issues may be minor things like the e-sim is turned off and a hotspot is not available so the system cannot connect to internet etc..

Hope this helps.
Hi saxo

That's really useful thanks. My car has had either a 1 or a 2 since I picked it up last week. AFAIK everything is switched on and enabled, so is there anyway of finding out what the 1 or 2 issues it is picking up are ? I've tried touching the number icon but it doesn't seem to be a soft button, just an icon.

Ta

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Ta

On the screen you will see a slider bar ( thin line ) left of the number notifications.
Slide down and a menue opens with various info. If you then slide this menue towards the left or right hand side....you will see the notifications eg. 1) wifi not activated ...or something else ( whatever the "problem" may be.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wicked cheers - that's solved the query !! I had actually spotted that screen when I was messing with the Control Centre screen but hadn't put 2 & 2 together to equate the numerical icon in the top of the display with it.

1 of the 2 'issues' was a software update (now installed) and the other was a warning that Media Streaming wasn't available as I wasn't connected to the internet, which doesn't bother me so I cleared the notification, so the number icon has now disappeared

Cheers for the info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts