Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone manage to import radio station logos to new Infotainment? I mean without USB ... ! We only have the new USB-C ports ! But when i plug the USB-C only see the music to play and not the file with the logos

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone manage to import radio station logos to new Infotainment? I mean without USB ... ! We only have the new USB-C ports ! But when i plug the USB-C only see the music to play and not the file with the logos

Any ideas ?
Wanted to ask the same Question, having had an earlier golf, was able to do this quite easily to fill in the missing logos of channels I listen to. I have the SE model, and CD and what would be SD slot is not useable at all. Like yourself tried USB C Flash Drive, plays music fine, but not it appears to load up images. Such a pain. Looks awful with half logs displaying and some not.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did it using a flash card over a year ago and it worked fine. There was a guide someplace - not sure if it was here or general internet search. I'll try to see if I still have the instructions on how to do it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok try following the instruction on this VW "How To" site. It directs you to download a zip file which contains a library of station logos. I had to copy the link address and then paste it into the address bar separately to get it to down-load (may be my laptop settings). Anyway, once you have the zip file, follow the instructions on the page. Copy the individual logo files across to your USB drive not the folder - the folder may be the reason you are not seeing them (not sure but worth a try).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok try following the instruction on this VW "How To" site. It directs you to download a zip file which contains a library of station logos. I had to copy the link address and then paste it into the address bar separately to get it to down-load (may be my laptop settings). Anyway, once you have the zip file, follow the instructions on the page. Copy the individual logo files across to your USB drive not the folder - the folder may be the reason you are not seeing them (not sure but worth a try).

And this was done successfully on a T Cross using a USB C Flash Drive?

·
Registered
3 Posts
And this was done successfully on a T Cross using a USB C Flash Drive?
This is what it says in the owner Manual

The station logos will be assigned to the stations automatically if Autoselect station logosis activated in the settings.
In Internet Radio mode, the Infotainment system accesses station logos from an online database and automatically assigns them to the stations.
Manually assigning station logos
Station logos cannot be assigned manually in the AM frequency band.
  1. Tap
    Station logos.
  2. Select the station to which you wish to assign a station logo.
  3. Select station logo.
  4. Repeat the process for further stations if desired.
  5. End assignment of station logos with

I rang VW, and there technical people, do not believe it is possible via USB C method. Therefore no other way on my model of doing it means it isn't possible by the looks of it, unless it updates automatically.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts