Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like so many others I too have developed an annoying rattle which is coming from the boot area. Having read the recent helpful comments and suggestions on this brilliant forum I decided to try something different before booking the car in at my local dealership.
I decided to turn the two black knobs in a clockwise direction which are located on the tailgate (pictures attached) so they are now fully screwed into the tailgate. They are now even both sides after this procedure.
Much to my delight it has cured the rattling noise!!.
Also nothing seems out of line outside the car when the tailgate is closed.
It is certainly worth trying before heading off to the dealership.
Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Stuart Robinson 1957 said:
Like so many others I too have developed an annoying rattle which is coming from the boot area. Having read the recent helpful comments and suggestions on this brilliant forum I decided to try something different before booking the car in at my local dealership.
I decided to turn the two black knobs in a clockwise direction which are located on the tailgate (pictures attached) so they are now fully screwed into the tailgate. They are now even both sides after this procedure.
Much to my delight it has cured the rattling noise!!.
Also nothing seems out of line outside the car when the tailgate is closed.
It is certainly worth trying before heading off to the dealership.
Good luck!
Hello,
Could you put a picture of the closed trunk so that we can see that it is not out of line of the body?
Thanks in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.