Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted the rear bumper protector like this one.....

Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

My wife's car has it fitted but when we washed it today I noticed that it has moved a few mm away from the bumper at one end.

I'm going to reposition it next week, but I need to know, is it secured with double sided body tape or body adhesive?

Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have one sat in a box ready to go on - it is 8mm wide double sided tape. I don't rate your chances on lifting it easily though, maybe a hot air gun will help. Failing that you are going to have to resort to fishing line/piano wire methods.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks matey.
Yeah, I think its gonna be awkward to remove.....definitely a fishing line job I think....

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
359 Posts
If thar was dealer fit or factory fit I would be returning to dealer.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If you fitted it yourself, I presume you would know how it's attached, therefore, I assume it was factory fitted, in which case, take it back to your dealer.. You are likely to damage it, or the bumper, if you try to do it yourself..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer fitted.
However dealer is 35 miles away.
Would need to drive through to let them see it.....then arrange to book it in and drive back through again and sit around for hours waiting for them to sort it.....

Might just be easier to sort it myself.....

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
359 Posts
I had a problem with tailgate trim and my dealer is 30 miles away. He asked for photo then an hour or so later after sales rang me with an appointment and I was in and out in hour with new trim correctly fitted and a hot chocolate too while waiting. Couldn't fault the service.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, your right.
We are heading south next week, so I think we should pop in past them to see what they say....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts