Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After washing the car I've given the car it's usual lights / fluids / tyres check and just wanted to double check something which I hadn't spotted before.

The last few cars I've had have had asymmetric reversing/rear fog lights (i.e. reversing light on the nearside (UK) of the rear light cluster, rear fog in the offside position).

The T-Cross has separate reversing and rear fog lights - 2 reversing lights in the main cluster (both of which illuminate when in reverse) and 2 rear fog lights in the rear bumper unit - however only the offside illuminates, which would be correct for the UK, so I'm assuming that only one bulb is fitted ? Does anyone know if the nearside housing would have the electrics in place to just plug a bulb in, or would it need a new (presumably European to get the symmetry) nearside unit ?

Checked the manual which just refers to rear fog lights but doesn't specify how many,

Ta

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Can't give a definitive answer, but going on experience, my mk1 Tiguan (2015) had supposed symmetrical rear fog lights, but in reality the nearside was just the red outer lens. Inside there was a plastic cover over where the bulb would go, and there was no bulb holder or wiring for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.