Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick one.

Went to IKEA for a drawer. After the purchase I folded down rear seats and loadded the 60kg drawer. And oops, rear passengers alarm for seat belts activated! :x

I unloaded the drawer, seats up, seat belts locked for three seats..... but unfortunately when you fold down rear seats with seats belts locked there is a lot of pressure on upholstery by seat belt buckle.

Is there any way to deactivate alarm when I am loading with rear seats folded down?

Are there in the market any seat belt alarm stoppers which are small enough not to get all the pressure on when rear seats are folded down?

Moreover, I am little puzzled where to fit fire extinguisher and first aids kit, as there is no dedicated space in the trunk for these.

Other than that car drives perfectly

Thx in advance

·
Registered
203 Posts
I happened to look at this today as we have a large older dog who prefers to sit on the back seats (with seat covers on) but I couldn't find a solution in the manual. If I don't engage the seat belts the alarms sound on the journey, if I do engage the seat belts the receivers on the outer seats stick up quite a bit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
CPPGR said:
Just a quick one.

Went to IKEA for a drawer. After the purchase I folded down rear seats and loadded the 60kg drawer. And ops, rear passengers alarm for seat belts activated! :x
So there is a alarm sound for rear passenger seats? That's not good thing, I often use rear seats for shopping bags etc.
That was new thing to me, I thought that there's only visual indication for rear seats.

-eelis-

·
Registered
203 Posts
The sound comes on at speeds over 15mph. The seat sensors are normally activated depending on weight. I've not tested it with shopping bags. The dog is 40kg and sets them off.

·
Registered
395 Posts
That's pretty poor...!..often heavy items are put on the rear seats..
Having said that, today I had quite a bit of weight on the seats, folding table, heavy hold-all etc and no alarm sounded.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My father in law was leaning his arm on the seat and it kept setting it off. Very sensitive and irritating.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This could be a pain, often have items on the back seat. With my current car had to stop putting work bag on front passenger seat as that sometimes set the seatbelt warning off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just checked, there is a mention in Finnish configurator, that there is only warning light for rear passenger seat belts, no alarm sound.
:?:

-eelis-

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is a sound too, maybe they forgot to mention.
Mine beeps when rear passengers don't wear the seatbelts

·
Registered
61 Posts
marius07 said:
Maybe there are different configurations based on which model you choose?
Will see (hear) after I collect mine 25. of June.

-eelis-

·
Registered
313 Posts
When i bought my current car i used the carista system to make system changes that were dealer options but not available to the owner through the dash menus.

I turned off reversing beeps as so annoying and made a few other adjustments.

Carista list the troc but the tcross as it is still new. Im sure it will be added

While carista will work when added ( youll have to check what options are given ) vw has its own system VCDS.

Personally is ask the supplying dealer if they can change the setting for you , sometimes they are more helpful than others and sometimes charge. Or look into carista or vcds.... i will certainly be plugging in carista and setting things up how i want when the time comes.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have asked my dealer if they have a solution, no response as yet, it's only been a week! I also asked for a quote for a spare wheel 3 months ago, I have yet to get that!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Eelis said:
marius07 said:
Maybe there are different configurations based on which model you choose?
Will see (hear) after I collect mine 25. of June.

-eelis-
Yes, mine have beeps too... :x

-eelis-

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys I need a solution on the issue, any idea?
I can't fold down the seats and load without alarm activation.

Any idea where I can find on the internet the smallest seat belt alarm stoppers?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Surely this is a design fault not being able to fold seats without seat belt warnings. What response have you had from VW or your dealer.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Assuming theres no option to turn off in menus then either get a few old vw clips out of a scrap yard or use carista/ vagcom / vcds to turn the beeps off.

My current car had annoying beeps on reverse and the dealer as they are were , were less than helpful.
A small outlay on carista and you get many dealer options to change at home.

·
Registered
395 Posts
What happens if you connect the seat belts and then fold the seats down......?..if the belts are plugged in, surely the alarm won't activate..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seat belt clips put enormous pressure on seat fabric! I was quite lucky that it wasnt scratched on the one and only transfer I did. I have to find clips either with no head or with very small.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts