Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time it rained heavy to day since I got my T cross... on arriving home I reversed into my drive way.. I found my display from reverse camera on screen blurred from rain drops on camera lens! Is this a design flaw?
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
424 Posts
It's a camera on the back of the car....!.....it can get dirty with spray, rain etc.....unless it had a mini wiper on it, there is always a risk that sometimes it will be obscured.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pity it's not like the Golf... tucked in behind the vw badge on boot that flips open when u go in reverse... protected from the elements when not in use.. :cry:

·
Registered
65 Posts
There are many things that are missing or cheaply implemented to cut costs on this car, reverse camera is one of them.
Few others are missing handles above doors, 'make-up' mirrors don't have light and hard plastic every where in cockpit to name a few.
What other things are missing, please share, or should we have a new topic for that?
Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this marvellous car despite these little ....things.

-eelis-

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your right Eelis... I was surprised actually that no overhead handles ..the little cooling vent in glove compartment..the 12v socket in boot..very handy for cooling box .. a few more little compartments would have been nice in cockpit also

·
Registered
88 Posts
My 2015 Polo SEL had a better quality interior build, including a squishy dashboard, air conditioned glove compartment, and illuminated vanity mirrors behind the sun visor.ect.
In March 2017 we wanted something easier to get in and out of, (it's an age thing),
With the T Cross being only a rumour for the future, in March 2017 I changed to my current Audi 1.4 TSFI Q2 sport. Very little came as standard, and you do pay a premium for the badge,
Audi changed the 1.4 to a 1.5 which is proving problematic, so I have now ordered a T Cross RLine.
The list of standard equipment is amazing. Audi want £350 for tinted glass, ££150 for led interior lighting, £500 for side assist and rear traffic alert, £300 for front and rear parking sensors, £525 for 2 Zone climate control, £375 for adaptive cruise control - all STANDARD on the R line and more.
To stay on topic (just), T cross rear view camera is £260 - Audi £350, T Cross folding mirrors £160 - Audi £275, granted there is some difference, Audi mirrors are self dimming, but the T Cross has puddle lights I think.
I did look at a T Roc, now that has got a lot of plastic, and it was very shiny as well.
So, overall the T Cross seems the way to go, size wise it seems as spacious as the Q2, and even easier to get in and out of.

T Cross R line, Reef Blue, DSG, Rear view camera, Spare wheel, Folding Mirrors, Park assist. Ordered 17th. July now at Stage 3.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I tottaly agree with you! In the less 4.20cm length league I find t cross as a bargain! Full led lights was the catcher for me apart the other gadgets. Bought it as second car but I find my self enjoying it more than my other car which costs x3

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there. I have a T Cross R Line and am sorely missing the camera (used to have one on my previous car).

Is there an after market parts and labour cost list for accessories that anyone is aware of? Tried emailing VW and no answer in the past week so thought I'd ask on here.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Will definatley be possible and im sure ive read it somewhere on either the tiguan or troc forum that people have had them retro fitted.
Id ask the dealer to price the parts and quote to fit and go from there.

There is also a company vagtec.co.uk that supply oem kits if your handy. They list the t cross but as its so new id make sure its correct before purchase.

·
Registered
156 Posts
These guys retrofitted both a Cruise Control and rear parking sensors on my old Golf TDI..

They did a stunning job, really was a OEM fit, couldn't tell the difference.

Maybe worth giving them a call about a T-Cross camera.

http://poollretrofits.com/vw-rear-view-camera-retrofit/

·
Registered
20 Posts
marius07 said:
I was thinking about this too. Can a camera be retrofitted? An original one from the dealer.
Yes is the answer at least one supplier is doing it. Not cheap, if ordering new probably cheaper to have factory fitted option! Link to YouTube video with company's website listed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've just purchased an R line demonstration model the only thing it didn't have that I wanted was the reversing camera so they are fitting one for me so yes it is possible 😃

·
Registered
22 Posts
For anybody thinking about fitting a rear view camera as a post sale addition be aware that the kit is currently on the infamous "back order" ie none available just now. Our dealer managed to obtain one from another dealership in their group and we had it fitted last week.
Works pretty well but disappointed to see that the outer pair of lines don't seem to turn with the angle of the steering so they seem a bit pointless (unless I've missed something).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.