Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased from new a VW T-Cross R-Line (115) DSG in November 2019 and it has now done 7000 miles.

Today for the third time in the last the car has gone into LIMP MODE and the car shows Stop-Start issues and Engine Management warning light is permanently on (Amber)

I have also experienced the trip and milage data reset issue

The VW Assist/VW Service Dept which have looked at the vehicle previously have failed to identify the issue and the car is currently with the Service Dept again.

It appears to resolve itself after being switched off for an hour or so, but obviously this renders the vehicle unreliable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, I bought a 1.O SE t-cross in September 2019. I felt it was quite 'whiney' to drive and seemed under-powered but I thought that might just be the small engine since I was swapping from a 1.6TDI golf. However, in september 2020 a few weeks after the first service the EML came on amber but the driving didn't seem to be any different. The garage said it was a manufacturing defect with a pipe connected to the fuel pressure sensor. The part was replaced and all was well until December 2020 when the EML came back on and this time accompanied by start/stop system error. Back to the garage again and this time it was a pipe connected to the turbo intake. The car drove much better after this was replaced which led me to believe the faults were there since the start. I've lost confidence in the car and the finance company have now agreed to take it back and refund my deposit. I've obviously still paid 17 months of PCP repayments which I won't see again but I have had use of the car over that period. I might just be unlucky but I'm unsure I would have another t-cross until issues been ironed out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, we have experienced similar problems with our October 2019 SE 1 litre 115ps with dsg. When trying to start the car the instrument cluster would be completely dead. After a replacement instrument cluster, which did not cure the problem, it was found to be a loose connection in a node point (junction box) behind the dashboard. We were advised by our VW dealer that if any system errors occur the Auto stop/start error warning will come up but it does not necessarily mean that the error is with that specific function.

Our T Cross now has 6000 miles on it and has just had to have its top engine mount replaced as the old one failed and we noticed a knocking noise when stoping and setting off at a junction. Wondered if anyone else has come across this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update to my story above.. Just as the car was due to be returned to vw finance the EML light has come on again, start stop error and driving sluggish... Sigh. I know the car auction people that vw had arranged to inspect and collect it won't take it with the EML light on, so back to more chats with the complaints team. I want rid of this silly car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

After 3 days in at the VW dealer - Replaced Cylinder 3 Injector - Replaced Coil Pack - and car returned on 08/01 and so far so good.
Fingers-crossed that thats the issue resolved, but as were currently in lock-down in the UK not done a lot of mileage since its return.
Thanks for all the comments above hopefully VW will resolve/deal with all these issues that other owners are experiencing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts