Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes ideal for upgrading to factory spec - not sure if coding is required on some things? BMW are notorious for that

If you look on Aliexpress there are some accessories available, i've ordered a carbon fibre look moulded cover for between the gearlever and armrest, also ordered carbon look door handle surrounds but now seen they're for LHD :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ordered a Golf MK7 alloy footrest to match the pedals, swapped the boot light bulb for a LED (can't find a replacement led unit?) and i'm going to order a Golf light switch which has the chrome on it :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my Golf MK7 light switch arrived today (£15 from breakers on ebay) - 2 mins later fitted and looking a bit more "premium" than the standard :)

Standard

Golf MK7

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With it at the off position (like in photo) push the knob in and while keeping it pushed in turn it to the right. It'll only move maybe 10mm before it stops (knob will still be pushed in) - then pull on knob and the unit pulls out, disconnect the plug from behind and swap over.

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
robby71 said:
With it at the off position (like in photo) push the knob in and while keeping it pushed in turn it to the right. It'll only move maybe 10mm before it stops (knob will still be pushed in) - then pull on knob and the unit pulls out, disconnect the plug from behind and swap over.
Thanks, sounds easy..!... Just ordered one, as you say, it does look more up market..!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Halin9 said:
robby71 said:
Thanks, sounds easy..!... Just ordered one, as you say, it does look more up market..!
It's the little things like this that make the car feel more premium - should have been fitted as standard seeing as it's a VAG part anyway

Next addition is in the post from China - i'll update when it arrives ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GeoBog said:
I've installed these in previous cars - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Trunk-Lamp-For-VW-Golf-7-Polo-Sharan-T-Cross-T-Roc-White/383478554602?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 - very bright
This listing says for T-Cross but it's not cheap :eek:

·
Registered
422 Posts
robby71 said:
Halin9 said:
robby71 said:
It's the little things like this that make the car feel more premium - should have been fitted as standard seeing as it's a VAG part anyway

Next addition is in the post from China - i'll update when it arrives ;)
Switch arrived today and fitted in a few minutes thanks to your instructions..👍
It looks much better and, as you said, should be standard..
Thanks..keep us informed on other upgrades..!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[/quote]
Switch arrived today and fitted in a few minutes thanks to your instructions..👍
It looks much better and, as you said, should be standard..
Thanks..keep us informed on other upgrades..!
[/quote]

For something you don't really notice it does make a difference doesn't it :D

Got something from aliexpress today but they don't fit :cry: - will see if they can send replacements - beware on aliexpress as a lot of parts are for LHD cars

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I received some carbon look door handle covers from aliexpress, they only seem to list items for LHD cars so i improvised and made a cutout in the drivers cover for the door lock switch (it's on the other side on LHD cars), thought i'd done ok until i tried the rear covers? now surely LHD and RHD cars have the same handles in the rear don't they? if so i don't know why these are too big?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've bought lots of these type of trims from aliexpress for previous cars, they've always been a perfect fit and excellent quality - shame no UK companies sell aftermarket add ons, the ones that do buy them from aliexpress though :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.