Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I got a manual T-Cross last week and love it.

I am used to having cars where 1st/R gear is in the same position, but I am having a challenge of telling when the R gear is selected. In previous cars, I have either had a beep/sensor notification, or 'R' has displayed on the dashboard. I don't have the rear camera option with this T-Cross, but does anyone know if it is possible to have a sound notification, or the 'R' to appear when reverse is selected before moving. It is a bit concerning as the 1st and R gears are in a very similar position, so I could inadvertently set off forward when I want to reverse. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
As you engage the clutch doesn't it show R in the gear display? Our manual Polo used to.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Depending on the trim you got, the parking sensors should appear on the infotainment screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I engage the clutch and select R nothing changes on the gear display. The gear display only shows 1-5, not R . Nothing appears on the infotainment screen either when reversing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
All the manual gearbox vehicles I have driven in my life have had one thing in common; none of them had a gear indicator on a screen. In fact none of them had an infotainment screen. Drivers in control of their vehicle know what gear that they have conciously selected. Can we have some serious discussion rather than this trivia?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.