Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

Reversing camera seems to have slipped...

9K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  SimonF 
#1 ·
Silly question..I can now see the top of my registration plate on the camera whereas before I couldn't. Very confused. Do you think there is a fault?

#4 ·
Having just taken delivery of ours, you can *just* see the edge of the (registration) plate. The camera is part of the lock handle so can't see this slipping. Maybe the plate has moved due to loose fixings?

Incident read last night the camera gets a wash when you wash the back screen.

#7 ·
It is funny but I also the feeling that the rear view camera has "moved". Wanted to post a picture of it but it seems not to be possible. I can now see a small part of the back of my car and the edges of the licence plate... Cant be abosulutely sure about this but thats the feeling I have....

#9 ·
Yes, seems normal, mine is the same as Tricky2 describes, there is no washer jet to clean it.

I was expecting the guide lines to curve with the steering wheel to indicate the proposed direction of travel
It's a bit like swinging a wheelbarrow around and pushing it into a gap, but that's fine.

Had I had one fitted to my previous Audi Q2 it would have curved lines, but also have cost £375. Gadget Rectangle Font Technology Display device

Attachments

#10 ·
Looks exactly like mine does !!

#11 ·
Tbh like mine too, i never noticed the plate/bumper till it was pointed out.

#12 ·
Mine is the same as in the pictures. But in one occasion I did think that it had moved.. But what I think actually happened was the 'look safe to move' banner didn't appear.

I haven't been able to replicate it. But if you look closely the image is visible under the banner. So if the banner doesn't show for some reason it would look like the camera has slipped and more bumper would show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.