Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a reversing camera installed by VW themselves (6 months after buying).

Looks like any reversing camera I've ever seen except the guide lines don't move when you move the steering wheel. I've seen a lot of these cameras in the past and never seen one where the lines don't move.

VW are trying to tell me theirs is different but it feels like I'm being fobbed off. Anyone here got one or know for sure? Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So you are asking do the lines move in a factory fitted camera?
No, unfortunately they don't.

-eelis-

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Can't comment on the t-Cross haven't got it yet, however my Tiguan, there are one set of lines that are directly back from the car sides, and another set that curve according to the steering wheel to show you where the car will actually go as you turn. Though from the picture in the brochure it may not be ..

Vehicle Motor vehicle Trunk Car Automotive mirror

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tricky2 said:
Can't comment on the t-Cross haven't got it yet, however my Tiguan, there are one set of lines that are directly back from the car sides, and another set that curve according to the steering wheel to show you where the car will actually go as you turn.
Thanks. Confused now though. :eek: Got one person telling me they dont move and another telling me they potentially do move. Not sure whether to push back on VW or not. :?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tricky2 said:
Can't comment on the t-Cross haven't got it yet, however my Tiguan, there are one set of lines that are directly back from the car sides, and another set that curve according to the steering wheel to show you where the car will actually go as you turn. Though from the picture in the brochure it may not be ..

reverse camera.JPG
interestingly, that picture doesnt quite look like the one that I have got. My "car" graphic is on the left hand side and I seem to have three different coloured lines, whereas that appears to only have two.

Oh well, thanks for responding anyway.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mr_moobs said:
Thanks. Confused now though. :eek: Got one person telling me they dont move and another telling me they potentially do move. Not sure whether to push back on VW or not. :?
Unfortunately there are only static guide lines .

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine don't move, just straight lines..

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Also concerned as my wife has selected the car and is expecting the guide lines the same as my Tiguan. While its still useful for her, the guide lines do help additionally.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered one with the reverse camera, pretty sure the test car also had 2 sets of lines, moving and non moving.
Unfortunately i can't tell for sure as the car isnt expected before January

Edit: found this on youtube

Its a t roc but why would it be different?!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Because it's most likely cheaper.
Could it be possible, that moving lines are only on cars which have parking assist?
Can anyone who has that, comment on this?
-eelis-

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am the OP and I have park assist on my T-Cross. My camera is an aftermarket accessory direct from VW (perhaps different to the factory fitted version), but the lines are not moving.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry no movement of the camera lines with park assist.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,

Have a T-cross SEL DSG R-Line LHD with scandinavian winter pack. All extras included. These lines are not on my camera - told that the lines are dependent on the camera installed ....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pogmahoin said:
Hi there,

Have a T-cross SEL DSG R-Line LHD with scandinavian winter pack. All extras included. These lines are not on my camera - told that the lines are dependent on the camera installed ....
Do you mean you don't have lines at all, that's weird?

-eelis-

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.