Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I hope you will forgive the intrusion but I am an interloper from the Sister " T-Roc" Forum.

If any of you have the time to look at the T-Roc Forum you will very quickly learn there have been a large number of complaints about VW's ability to produce cars on a timely basis and there are a large number of problems associated with the 1.5 TSi engine. Which seems to be reflected right across the VW Group. Audi, Skoda and Seat 1.5 TSi (EVO) engines are all affected by what is being called the "Kangaroo effect". Happily owners of T-Roc's with 1.0 TSi engines are as pleased as punch with their cars, as I hope you guys are too.

My bad luck story has run for 18months now. It took a year from order to delivery (Factory is in Portugal), and the car has suffered the Kangaroo effect since January. Sadly I have rejected the car and will move on.

Anyway, in keeping with the subject line I have a set of Roof Bars that fit both the T-Roc and the T-Cross. They are brand new and I have not used them... but of course am left holding them in my garage. If anyone is interested in them at a knock down price, then please send me a Private Message on this Forum.

The bars are made by Thule and sold through the VW network so they are the genuine article. VW Part Number 2GA071151A if you want to check them out. They have the Thule Aero bars fitted and include all you need to mount on your roof rails.

All the best with your fabulous T-Cross's.

Ianchelt

·
Registered
203 Posts
I got some Menabo Brio 120cm roof bars from Lidl when they had them on offer for £29.99 which fit the T-Cross roof rails. They are good for 90kg weight and speeds up to 80mph according to the instructions that came with them. I have only used them around town to transport lengths of timber, and am very happy with them. These are available from eBay. There are some on the Aldi web site at £29.99 that look very similar looking but are only good for 75kg weight and speeds up to 55mph that don't get very good reviews. There is a noticeable increase in wind noise with the Brio roof bars on the car, you wouldn't want to leave them on if they are not being used.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IWRA - Yes I agree there are cheeper alternatives to purchasing the "real thing'. I guess my philosophy has been, and always will be, if I am spending £20,000 + on a new car why put cheap accessories to put on it, with all the limitations, max speed, noise emissions, limited carry weight etc. Horses for courses I guess. You get what you pay for; in this case "low noise" aerodynamically and specifically designed bars for your very expensive car?

Incidentally I am unable to reply to folks who have sent me private messages. It looks like the moderator, quite sensibly, does not offer that facility for new members until such time they have contributed sufficient input to the forum. I'll work on that and get back to those who have PM'd me over the next few days.

Many thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Also at Aldi in two sizes. I got the 120cm model and they fit the Cross perfectly. You can order online and have them delivered also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ianchelt said:
Hi Guys,

I hope you will forgive the intrusion but I am an interloper from the Sister " T-Roc" Forum.

If any of you have the time to look at the T-Roc Forum you will very quickly learn there have been a large number of complaints about VW's ability to produce cars on a timely basis and there are a large number of problems associated with the 1.5 TSi engine. Which seems to be reflected right across the VW Group. Audi, Skoda and Seat 1.5 TSi (EVO) engines are all affected by what is being called the "Kangaroo effect". Happily owners of T-Roc's with 1.0 TSi engines are as pleased as punch with their cars, as I hope you guys are too.

My bad luck story has run for 18months now. It took a year from order to delivery (Factory is in Portugal), and the car has suffered the Kangaroo effect since January. Sadly I have rejected the car and will move on.

Anyway, in keeping with the subject line I have a set of Roof Bars that fit both the T-Roc and the T-Cross. They are brand new and I have not used them... but of course am left holding them in my garage. If anyone is interested in them at a knock down price, then please send me a Private Message on this Forum.

The bars are made by Thule and sold through the VW network so they are the genuine article. VW Part Number 2GA071151A if you want to check them out. They have the Thule Aero bars fitted and include all you need to mount on your roof rails.

All the best with your fabulous T-Cross's.

Ianchelt
Hi Lanchelt,

Where are you based? Sorry so cannot message yet as only just joined.

Thanks

S

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good luck with selling your roof bars.
I was more interested in reading about your problems with the 1.5 engine.
I have followed this since 2019, when I chose not go anywhere near it.
Next year I was hoping to have it, but very wary as the March 2020 fix doesn't seem to have cured it.
If you had the problem this year then I am inclined to stay with the 1.0 engine which is surprisingly responsive,
(Sorry to go off topic).

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought them off the OP in 2019 !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts