Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my T-Cross yesterday for September delivery. I'm thinking of getting running boards fitted as an accessory once the car has been received at dealership. Anyone else thinking of getting them fitted?

·
Registered
156 Posts
The car we drove on our test drive had running boards fitted.

I found that they got in the way of getting in and out of the car, mainly due to the extra width they introduce.

As a result I personally wouldn't have them, but each to their own, some may be more agile than me and able to cope..

Do look good though, although not cheap.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like them because I'm short and I think they look premium. But they are too expensive, I've already spent more than I initially hoped!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good I'm getting them!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bit of a thread resurrection but here goes -
I'm picking up a R-Line this week and i'm thinking of fitting the running boards due to getting car park dings at work :(
Do the boards stick out high enough so they'd catch the idiots door before it hits the T-Cross door or are they too low?

The dealer fitted price is around £650 which is silly money as they can be bought online (ebay) from dealers for less than £330.
Has anyone fitted these themselves? I've fitted ones to a Freelander 2 which just needed inserts fitting into holes already in the chassis then the brackets and boards bolting to them

·
Registered
73 Posts
They are on my T Cross it was an Ex Demonstrator but to be honest they are not much more than decorative, if i was ordering from new i would rather have a reversing camera, folding wing mirrors a space saver spare wheel and the winter pack all of which i have and are more useful.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Topcat said:
They are on my T Cross it was an Ex Demonstrator but to be honest they are not much more than decorative, if i was ordering from new i would rather have a reversing camera, folding wing mirrors a space saver spare wheel and the winter pack all of which i have and are more useful.
Do they protect the door from other cars doors opening onto them? this would be the reason for fitting

·
Super Moderator
462 Posts
They fit below the cross doors, so unless the other car has very low doors I'd imagine no.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My Doors have not been hit but I think it's questionable as to wether the Running Boards have stopped it happening as already said they are below the doors and are quite low.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.