Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Worked for me, very easy even on a Mac, although you need different zip software downloaded first. This is the second update, the previous one solved the bug with it showing double speed limit signs.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
384 Posts
Used my sat nav for the first time yesterday. Does it not give speed camera warnings?

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just updated . Straight forward - remove SD card - unlock - backup-delete - download - unzip - copy to SD - lock - insert.
Most of the time is taken in deleting and copying files to slow SD card.
I only downloaded the 6 GB package 2 as I dont need anything but UK maps.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thanks Simon.....that link of yours is slightly different to the original one posted and works..!..
Not too keen on deleting files from the original sd card....is it safer to use a new card..?...what capacity does it take..?

·
Super Moderator
462 Posts
I've read on the Tiguan forum that the sat nav with the data on an SD card, the card has to be the VW one. Others have copied the files to other SD cards, which appear identical, but the unit just won't recognise them. I'm guessing there's a hidden segment somewhere with a VW unique identifier.

(the Tig and other models can have the PRO nav which has an integrated hard disk, and the navigation is stored on there for those models)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Halin9 said:
Thanks Simon.....that link of yours is slightly different to the original one posted and works..!..
Not too keen on deleting files from the original sd card....is it safer to use a new card..?...what capacity does it take..?
I used the card supplied in the nav. Just copied it to my hard drive before formatting it. In case anything went wrong!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry to wake an rather old topic, but have anyone been offered new map updates this year?
No, me either. The last was last year and ver. 7.11.2019.
In update site, there is a update for T-Cross 2020 but not to 2019 model.
Are we left without map updates and we payed for 3 years of updates for nothing?

-eelis-

·
Super Moderator
462 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank's for the info!
I just wonder what took so long, it's over year for the last update, I thought they would come few times a year?

-eelis-

·
Registered
14 Posts
My current SD card is installed in the SD1 slot, looking at the download manual for mib2 it states SD2 should be used?
Any idea which one I should be using.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm using SD1 slot for map data without issues, I use SD2 slot for my music collection, my personal POI's and radio station logos.

-eelis-

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for that, the Owners Manual states SD1, strange that the download manual states SD2.

Edit: Just updated as rarrar describes. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.