Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

As a brand new T-Cross owner, selected "sub" screens in information profiles under active info display seem to reset after stop, even on numbered profiles. Should they remember last selected screens or is it possible to save setup somehow?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Can you expand on what you're doing, I have the AID and I can't understand quite what you're getting at.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure, I'll try! In settings there are different instrumential views that you can preset (classic, auto, memory entry 1, 2 and 3). For example I choose to change the topical information profiles screens in memory entry 1 to e.g. range and audio it stays so until it resets to defaults after stopping car. Is it possible to somehow save the chosen topical screens?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is from the manual, but there is not mention of saving those individual selections of information profiles:

VIEW button on the multifunction steering wheel

Vehicles with analogue instrument cluster:

The VIEW button allows you to change between the current and previous menus → Fig. 1.

Vehicles with digital instrument cluster:

The VIEW → Fig. 1 button allows you to change between the classic view of the round instruments, the large platform without information profile and the extended view with highlighted information profiles. The classic view shows the large round instruments on the right and left and the selected information profile in the middle. Hold down the VIEW button to select from the list of the default information profiles:

Classic

View without information profile.

Automatic

The information profiles adapt to the selected driving profile. Only for vehicles with driving profile selection.

Memory entry 1

Individual selection of the information profiles.

Memory entry 2

Memory entry 3

Only for vehicles with navigation system fitted as standard.

·
Registered
412 Posts
My understanding is whatever you select stays there. I'm pretty much OK with standard dials, gear and speed inside them. Anything else I use the middle display for. I have tried the displays, but it's primarily the misses car so I have to leave it the way she likes it :)

I'll have a play next time I go out, see what happens.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Tricky2, I have to test more also, maybe I missed something.
Yes the defaults are ok, and using middle screen might be actually more convenient. But if for nothing else, have to configure it for the sake of it :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ok, Sat in car, selected active info display on media unit under car menu, selected view 1, left roundel I selected range, right roundel I selected audio. I did then switch media unit to radio.

Switched off, open and closed door, waited til AID went blank, switched on. Those displays still present.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I´ll be... it works now also for me. Don't know what I have been doing, did some system memory initialize, because I tried numerous different variations and retries. But this was probably just user error on my side aka stupidity. Thanks a lot for your testing and time Tricky2!

·
Registered
412 Posts
No problem, glad you've got it sorted

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now I know what my previous findings were: If I change for example from Memory Entry 1 to any other view, and then return to entry 1 it immediately resets roundels to their defaults. Memory entry stays only if the view doesn't change. Not exactly what I thought memory means, or did I miss something again?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Not sure where you're getting that it has a memory from, i guess unless you have profile memory. Mine display options simple says Classic, View 1, View 2, View 3 and as you say if you switch display type it reverts to the default for that view.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Memory word is used in the manual:
Memory entry 1
Memory entry 2
Memory entry 3
Only for vehicles with navigation system fitted as standard.

In my opinion very odd UI decision from vag not to save chosen roundels, but I guess there is a reason for that.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ok, I can see that and I think its a very misleading paragraph in the manual, but hey the VW manuals are very poorly written, the whole section on the AID doesn't cover a fraction of what you can do with it. You think they'd have got a writer from the AID team to write a whole chapter just on that.

The memory paragraph refers to the VIEW button on the steering wheel RH switches, it doesn't do any customisation, just switches between 3 preset views, with the dials flanking the middle screen, wedge shaped info panels replacing the dials, or full screen with speed and gear info along the bottom.

The major (only?) benefit I can see of these is if you have NAV, when you can throw the map onto the AID when the map is displayed in the middle of dials, between the two wedges or full screen on the AID with speed etc along the bottom.

Customising of the dials is done via the media unit and allows a range of parameters to be displayed within the dials, but selecting a different view loses the settings made in another view, as you've come to realise. Many people also complain you can't get the time displayed on the AID as you can with the regular multifunction display on the traditional dashboard (or indeed as you could on the AID mk1 in older cars such as mk2 Tiguan and early mk7 golfs)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Tricky2 for explanation and tips. I agree that manual is written, especially on AID, in very limited style only describing obvious things About more than half of manual is ridiculous warnings of not putting your head inside of engine :) But I assume that nowadays it is usual to presume that nobody reads manuals anymore, too bad for my kind, who enjoys good reading.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts