Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

When I start the car a message pops up telling me what my privacy settings are and that I can change them if I want to.

So I just press OK to remove it.

Does this have to appear every time I start the car - is there a way to stop it?

I am the primary user with privacy set to Share everywhere.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Geebee

I had a similar situation but the message disappeared when I set up a primary user and logged into the car as that user, and changed the privacy to the most relaxed version, which it sounds as if you have done. I checked when I was out in the car today and there is definitely no privacy setting pop-up. May be worth changing the privacy settings back to "do not share" or something then changing them back to "share position"

When you start up the car does the infotainment scene show a message along the lines of "Welcome Fred B" ? (will try and remember and take a photo of it tomorrow)

Neil

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
neilmanc said:
Hi Geebee

I had a similar situation but the message disappeared when I set up a primary user and logged into the car as that user, and changed the privacy to the most relaxed version, which it sounds as if you have done. I checked when I was out in the car today and there is definitely no privacy setting pop-up. May be worth changing the privacy settings back to "do not share" or something then changing them back to "share position"

When you start up the car does the infotainment scene show a message along the lines of "Welcome Fred B" ? (will try and remember and take a photo of it tomorrow)

Neil
Thanks for your reply Neil.
I've had the "Welcome George" message for me and I think I had to press ok to remove it but I seem to just get the privacy setting pop-up now.
I'll change my privacy setting a few times and then opt for Share Everywhere and see if anything changes.
Cheers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just checked this morning and I still get the popup on the infotainment screen when I start the car telling me what my privacy setting is and that i can change it if I want to - I have to press ok to delete it otherwise it stays on over the clock. My privacy setting is Share Everywhere.

I get a "Welcome George" on the dash between the 2 dials that disappears after a few seconds.

When I turn the infotainment screen on I get a "Welcome George" popup that disappears after a couple of seconds.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just double checked mine today and it shows the "Welcome Neil" screen when you switch the ignition on which disappears after a couple of seconds (or you press OK). I've not had the privacy pop-up for ages and I can't remember if I did something to switch it off or not - will have a look in the settings when I get a chance as I have a vague recollection there was an option to 'enable privacy notice' or something but can't for the life of me remember if I am inventing that or not !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts