Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Taken delivery of my T-Cross just before Christmas, absolutely loving it :)

One thing I noticed is that the front windscreen washer jets seem to have a delay of one or two seconds after operating them. Is this normal? I can live with it but will mention it to the dealer if it's not normal.

I can't remember if the rear is the same or not!

Thanks

Matrick

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes, funnily enough I've noticed that also then it's gone out of my mind. It sounds lime they're working, but taking a while to charge up?

Never had it on my Tiguan or her previous Polo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, my previous Golf MK 7 didn't do this either. If must be a "feature"!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have R-Line with winter pack ex demo and have also noticed delay in screen washer. I have put it down to the fact that apparently part of the winter pack is heated screen washer and thus doing a little bit of a warm up before squirting the screen? Not sure if this fact or my reasoning for the delay!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, I don't have the winter pack so I guess that's not the reason - good thought though.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
359 Posts
I have a delay too, from new, and it is a bit annoying and never had on any other car in 47 years!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Digitalracer said:
I have a delay too, from new, and it is a bit annoying and never had on any other car in 47 years!!
Me neither, I have gotten used to it now but it does seems odd :roll:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe it's not got a non return valve in main washer feed line, so when left it drains back into reservoir then has to be "primed" the next time washer is demanded. Not really been under the bonnet in detail yet!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello,

I just noticed in my volkswagen app that in the basic spec for T-Cross it mentions the water is being heat up for the screen wash. So i assume that explains the short delay

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There must be different variants I guess, the UK PDF data shows heated jets only with the Winter Pack (which I personally don't have - my heated seats were retrofits). The plot thickens :D

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Matrick said:
There must be different variants I guess, the UK PDF data shows heated jets only with the Winter Pack (which I personally don't have - my heated seats were retrofits). The plot thickens :D
Oo, retrofitted heated seats? Tell us more!

My wife adores her First Edition but she does miss the heated seats.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No problem! A very common upgrade that the dealer can do or many 3rd part companies.

One example from a quick web search https://impulsecar.co.uk/service/heated-seats/ I paid marginally less through my dealer.

The two level (high / low) rocker switch is fixed to the side of each front seat's plastic mount, easy to operate without leaning. It looks something like this (a stock image not from a T-Cross).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Kugaman said:
Matrick said:
Oo, retrofitted heated seats? Tell us more!

My wife adores her First Edition but she does miss the heated seats.
Didn't your First Edition come with heated seats? Mine did (but I am in Romania)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lets get back to "Screen washer jet delay"
It also happens with the latest Polo, I was reading in their forum, about no non return valve in the line, causing the water to drain back!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts