Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just picked up a new T Cross SEL.

The brochure says it has an SD card reader but I can't find one. Should it be in the glovebox?

All I see in there are some slots for maybe credit cards and a blanking plate the size of a CD player.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you do a search for glove box slots this has been discussed before. It looks like the latest version of the media player doesn't include sd or CD inputs. I'll warn you now that even the VW owner manuals are often inaccurate as they don't keep up with the physical updates to the car. I spent ages the other day trying to get the glovebox door off to access the fuse box only to find it is on the driver side of the steering wheel!

·
Registered
394 Posts
The sd card slot is for the sat Nav in earlier models, like mine.! I believe that the latest models have auto updating built into the sat Nav...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So can I use the small usb sockets to play music?

It's not good if the only way to play music is via the radio or CarPlay and Spotify off my phone.

In fact the inability to use an Sd card or USB stick to play music is rubbish.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yes the USB in the front will connect to a suitable USB stick. It's USB C size. There are various other threads on here regarding the new version of the entertainment system, search for mib3.

There's also various threads in the T-Roc forum which has also had the new system... https://www.trocforums.co.uk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks for your help. All is not lost then!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your link Tricky.

Looks like I have the Mib3 system and also have the Sat Nav problem of entering a post code and getting an "Off Road" result that is covered in the T Roc forum quite a bit.

The only fix Ive seen is to somehow turn Privacy off and see if the Sat Nav will update.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tricky2 said:
Yes the USB in the front will connect to a suitable USB stick. It's USB C size. There are various other threads on here regarding the new version of the entertainment system, search for mib3.

There's also various threads in the T-Roc forum which has also had the new system... https://www.trocforums.co.uk
Hi Tricky

Did you solve the sat nav post code search coming up with only "Off Road" and co-ordinates or did you reject your car?

This is an annoying problem but don't know if a rejection would be accepted.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sorry, I'm not the one with that issue, luckily our Cross has MIB2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts