Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys - my first post having just taken possession of an ex demo (2500 miles) T Cross R line so still feeling my way. A couple of questions if I may. I am experiencing some uncomfortable pressure in the underside of my thighs on R line seating which is a little worrying . Has anyone any suggestions?Secondly the sales team asked if I wanted GAP insurance but I said I would look into it - any comments as there appears to be mixed views.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had the same issue initially but eventually managed to adjust the seat to get comfortable. Check your insurance policy you may be covered, but as it's ex demo you may not, it's worth asking the question.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I had an initial similar problem....its just a question of adjusting the seat height and reach that suits you.. There are lots of variations, you just have to play around to find the right one.. Once sorted, it is then very comfortable with just the right amount of support..

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was offered Gap insurance on my demonstrator bought through the Das Welt VW system which I took as my R-Line was only two months old and it is covered for three years from memory might be four (I am not near the paperwork) but basically it covers the difference between write of value and the current market value at the time of purchase. So if you purchase another TCross you would have to fund the difference in price from when you first purchased your current vehicle. Hope that makes sense.

I have not encountered the seat problem one advantage of not being too tall!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for helpful replies. I will persevere with seating. Investigating Gap insurance and see that Honest John recommends ALA who offer a 12% Honest John discount but will compare this with VW dealer offer.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wanted the seat in its highest position, but found that uncomfortable after driving for a while so lowered it by a few notches. If I'm driving any distance I find I have to lower it a little bit further. I like the seat back tilted back and arms stretched and have not found the lumber support adjustment to be of benefit. What I have found is the steering wheel rim just a little too thick and as such not as comfortable to grip as my previous car. I get the steering alarm sounding on occasions.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Snap IWRA - my problem exactly. I might be imagining things but the seat base seems a tad longer than the norm. Am now wondering if some sort of therapeutic cushion may be the answer as, like you, I prefer a high driving position.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wish I had noticed this during test drive which was all too short as the pressure on the underside of my thighs is really uncomfortable and at this rate going to cause a major problem. Have tried adjusting seat everyway I can but no joy! Will speak to dealer and see if he has any suggestions otherwise I am stuck which will be a major blow.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Review in WhatCar mentions long front seat bases for R line and optional trims which rubbed the back of the reviewer's legs. Rated it a mild irritation. I have read every review and watched hours of autogefuhl and Jonathan Crouch, as well as the nonsense of carwow etc.
I still have a number of matters that no review seems to have addressed, like Lane Assist which I found wildly uncontrolled on a demo car compared with the system on a Tiguan and seems to be the cheaper Lane Keeping Assist. I was lucky enough to get half a day in an SE petrol DSG before deciding to order a car.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice spec, you will enjoy that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found a solution by using a wedge shaped like a portion of cheese memory foam cushion which lifts my posterior just enough to the pressure under thighs . So aches after half an hours driving appears to have gone!

DSG 1.0 TSI 115 R LINE in Makena Turquoise
Active info display - Electrically folding mirrors - Reverse camera - voice activation
Beats soundpack - keyless / stop start - wireless charging - emergency call system

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had to get a wedge to sit as a passenger in a 2017 Tiguan SEL. Driver's seat has 4 directions of adjustment plus electric massager and the passenger sits in a deckchair.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm 6ft 3 and at first couldn't find a comfortable position but after 500 miles and jiggling seat back, steering wheel rack and lumbar support, it's better and comfortable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.