Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken out a fixed 2 year service arrangement with their local VW dealer and do they consider it good value. Thinking of doing this but need to compare charges.

T Cross DSG R line in Makena Turquoise
Beat sound system
Electric folding windows

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
I took it out at £199. My understanding is an oil change service after 1 year and full service after the 2nd and keeps warranty valid. Certainly don't see how could lose anything

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have it. Decent arrangement :cool:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds promising. Do they also update sevice record within car system. Not sure how this works as have only been accustomed to paper booklet service record.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have it, two services within the first three years at £199:00 pounds, seemed a reasonable deal, in the past my dealer has at extra expense recommend an Aircon service for an extra charge. Yes to updating the service record but worth reminding them you can also request a paper record

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not sure but I think they have flexible pricing around the service deal because on a previous VW vehicle I brought they threw it in the deal, not this time though, although I think they do have offers on it when you purchase the vehicle at the point of sale.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Not that I was made aware of. I just asked if they did any service packages and that was it. Glad I took it seeing the price you've been quoted. My price was at end of July.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've taken the service offer on the last few cars and it's been convenient not having to pay when the service comes round.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was quoted £299 today for 2 year fixed service charge from VW mainline dealer which I will probably accept. Quote from Independent garage I have used for previous cars for many years is cheaper but I read somewhere that if they used non VW parts if could jeopardise the warranty.

T Cross DSG R Line, Makena Turquoise, Sound Beats System, Rear Camera, Electric Folding Mirrors

·
Registered
313 Posts
Non genuine could affect warranty claim if it was related in the first 3yrs... id do the 2yr plan then yr3 decide again

·
Registered
380 Posts
Think I saw somewhere the £199 price was for people who bought on their PCP deal🤔

·
Registered
313 Posts
Digitalracer said:
Think I saw somewhere the £199 price was for people who bought on their PCP deal🤔
Thats what i have,,,, same as the spare wheel kit,,, cheaper at point of order by looks of it

·
Registered
129 Posts
Digitalracer said:
I got the £199 deal and I don't have PCP - however it is linked to it in the advertising !

·
Registered
206 Posts
I bought on PCP and got the £199 service deal, but when I collected the car I got both the PCP sweetener discount and was not charged the £199! I cancelled the PCP within 14 days, paid a small interest charge and retained all the benefits.

·
Registered
380 Posts
There's lucky, well done 😃

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.