Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from my 2nd service. Came under first 2 services for £199. Came back washed and hoovered too.
Apparently I get free sat nav updates for life (mine is the earlier card in glove box). In another year I'm inclined to go for the 2 year package, £33 a month for 2 services, 2 Mot, 2yr extra warranty and 2yr breakdown cover.
The guy said they don't see too many T Cross and mine was the first SEL he had seen with keyless!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Did your dealer advised you that VW require Aircon servicing every 2 years? From what I know from my other cars, A/C unit needs servicing every 3-4 years but 2 seems too soon. Most likely VW are pushing these very insistent to customers to get more money as I had 3 people from my dealer that I talked to pushing this and also the guy servicing the car making a cheeky mention of the A/C service on the citnow video.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Dealers regularly push this, just an excuse for getting more money from you.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure it was mentioned to me. I expect it to be mentioned next time, and probably brake fluid too.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Brake fluid, legitimate. It's hydroscopic, absorbs water and over time degrades. The system is open to the air, as your brake pads wear there's more volume in the pistons so the reservoir level goes down and air (full of moisture) enters the reservoir. Needs to be done at 2 or 3 years (can't remember)

However AC is a sealed system, and shouldn't need touching unless it's not cooling. It doesn't just loose coolant.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brake fluid, legitimate. It's hydroscopic, absorbs water and over time degrades. The system is open to the air, as your brake pads wear there's more volume in the pistons so the reservoir level goes down and air (full of moisture) enters the reservoir. Needs to be done at 2 or 3 years (can't remember)

However AC is a sealed system, and shouldn't need touching unless it's not cooling. It doesn't just loose coolant.

Possibly an anti bacterial clean maybe useful 🤔

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
But that's the cabin air filter, should be done on the major service, not related to the AC service they offer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I told them to sod off anyway, an R1234yf A/C system should not need servicing for at least 3 years unless there is a leak and it doesn't cool properly. I guess with the push for electric cars the dealers do no make much on servicing so are trying to foot the bill on ICE car servicing.

Reactions: Halin9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts