Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to you all. Forum has gone a bit quiet for obvious reasons of the lockdown not enabling us to travel around as normal. But I have been meaning to put my observations of ownership of my R Line T Cross after seven months ownership. I bought my black pearl R Line off local dealer as an ex demo with 800 miles on the clock in August 2019. I love the car and find it very comfortable and being the only driver have got it setup to my liking! I also like the lane assist which a few of you have an issue with but it helps me on occasions when I've taken my eye of the road momentarily and is no difficulty in overcoming it when I need to, only a light touch to insist in the direction I want to go! Adaptive cruise control works well and is a real benefit in heavy traffic on motorway. Now start/stop, another feature a few of you have taken a dislike to, I find no problem in fact it helps me when I stall the car trying to pull away at a roundabout for instance in 2nd gear! Clutch in, blip the throttle instant restart and away you go and no problem at lights kicks back in as soon as you depress clutch or twitch the steering wheel. Collision detection works well stopped me reversing into daughters stone wall and a couple of other obstacles and likewise the pedestrian detection in town good, avoided a suicidal cyclist, a pedestrian that was considering in crossing early at pelican crossing but didn't, but car thought they were going to, better safe than sorry! Reversing camera fitted to mine good and park assist brilliant but for me first time I've had that in a car so easily impressed! What do I not like? The VW We Connect app a bit underwhelming got bored quite quickly putting in refuelling data and it doesn't do anything very useful that I can see. Looks like the app will be more useful for the upcoming electric VW ID.3. I love the colour of my all black T Cross including the interior roof lining until we get "dusty" dirty rain and then it likes like a teenager with terminal acne!! Oh and one final moan would have liked the passenger seat to be able to fold down flat so electric bike and long things could fit in with folded down rear seats. So out of ten I'll give it nine!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thanks for that, interesting review.. I think we all agree on looks, comfort, interior space, driving etc.. I personally, do not like lane assist..to me it feels like something has gone badly wrong with the steering.. Stop/start, I can take or leave, but usually switch it off..Collison detect thingy is good except a bit sensitive.. but has stopped me reversing into a low stone wall and warned of other cars pulling out.
All in all, I love my SEL dsg....I didn't go for the R line as I hate black roof linings..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.