Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone tell me if they are experiencing the same problem with the key fob?
When i remove the key fob from it's pouch to start up the car once it's started I put the key fob back in the pouch and as soon as I pull forward I start to hear beeping sound and on the screen I get an exclamation symbol in yellow saying unable to detect key fob. 馃

Registered
I haven't heard of this, perhaps your key pouch is made of a material that is masking it's presence. If it's regular leather it would be OK but if it is of a metallic weave it may be the inhibiting factor. Check the pouch would be my thought. Cheers-John.

Reactions: Halin9

Super Moderator
Explain why you keep it in a pouch...

Reactions: AussieJohn

Registered
You are probably using a "Faraday" pouch which is purposely made to block the key signal so they cannot steal your car. You are not meant to keep the key in the pouch when driving lol.

Super Moderator
Incidentally, the keys supplied with keyless T-Cross's have an anti clone feature. They stop transmitting after they stop detecting movement for several minutes.

So when you put them down when you get home they shut down and can't be cloned from someone at your front door.

Reactions: Digitalracer

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, can anyone tell me if they are experiencing the same problem with the key fob?
When i remove the key fob from it's pouch to start up the car once it's started I put the key fob back in the pouch and as soon as I pull forward I start to hear beeping sound and on the screen I get an exclamation symbol in yellow saying unable to detect key fob. 馃
Explain why you keep it in a pouch...
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts