Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

Siri.....voice control.

9K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  neilmanc 
#1 ·
I think that my SEL is supposed to have hands free voice control.....however it doesn't work.! Looking in the Hand book, it says to operate voice control , see your Dealer...or words to that effect.
Has anybody got "voice control" and, if so, how..?
Thanks.

#3 ·
Ive used siri to play music and make calls while phone connected..... i think direct access the dealer has to turn it on so to speak

#5 ·
Tbh i never looked into it further. I dont have nav ( dont know if it works that) and siri works fine for music and calls.

As i dont have it on my Se i would have thought Sel and above it would be automatic. If it gas to be paid for as iwra says then id have thought it would be part of the online services maybe? Which are free to begin with, again dont know as dont have it lol.

#6 ·
Voice control is a £200 addon, however I believe that siri will work on phone functions used via carplay

#7 ·
Had voice control on my Golf as standard but now a paid for add on if you want it on the T Cross needless to say I did not bother.

#8 ·
I just picked up a 2019 1.6 TDI T cross this week and have been playing around with things and getting up to speed on what works and what doesn't. A little bit disappointed about the voice recognition needing dealer activation especially at that sort of price. Anyway an easy work around if you are already an Amazon Prime account holder is the Echo Auto - it installs really neatly in the centre console storage area with easy access to the usb socket. No cables or wiring on show and just held up with a piece of velcro. So this gives me voice control of telephone calls, access to my Amazon Music , reminders , geo location actions (garage lights on as I approach home) etc .

Attachments

#9 ·
The VW voice activations system is not the same as Siri. Siri works out of the box as standard, when you have your iphone connected either via Bluetooth or CarPlay and does all the usual "Hey Siri" things - "Hey Siri, Call John Smith", "Hey Siri, Message Mum" "Hey Siri, directions to Home" etc. Just press and hold the voice activation button (RHS of the steering wheel (at least it is on UK versions)), wait for the beep and say "Hey Siri....."

The VW voice activation system is a paid for option (though my United has it as standard) which uses "Hey Volkswagen" to activate functions. I've messed around with it but it doesn't actually seem to do anything useful though it seems to allow you to change radio stations, media sources on the head unit etc. Doesn't seem to do any car-related functions such as "Hey Volkswagen, switch wipers on" which would be a useful thing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.