Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time last year I was stuck at the side of the road in my hatchback before I got the T Cross.
Taking no chances this year ha ha hope I never need them, but they should give me an option of getting home.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
377 Posts
They are designed to get you off your driveway, or where you get stuck, but must be removed immediately you hit tarmac. Handy as a back up if you get stuck, but will tear on tarmac. When I worked for British Gas some time ago we carried a sprung bar clamp which opened to put 4 metal bars across the tyre to get you out of a drift, but they were heavy to carry around. The socks are a new cheaper alternative and no weight or space in the boot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yup, have had a set of these in each of our recent cars including our current T Cross and even my Q3 Quattro. Never had to use them yet but for that added peace of mind they're worth having. Seem to have excellent reviews from those who have used them though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.