Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just had an over the air update.

Software is now 0278 from 0270 - anyone know what it does?

Sat Nav is still version 21.5 I would have thought there was a November 21 and also a May 22 update.

Unfortunately there is no 'Check for updates' option as is usual with other kinds of software.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Think you're confusing SOFTWARE updates with MAP DATA updates. The first is the code it runs internally to provide the functionality, the other is the data describing the roads. This software update fixes a lot of bugs, such as the automatic speed detection switching randomly to kph from mph. There are older threads in here on these early issues.

The maps should also update over the air, I'm surprised there's no 'button' as you say. Have you checked within settings under navigation?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a pop-up to say a software update was available so pressed ok and it went from 0270 to 0278 - size was 971mb - no idea what it did.

Last year I had an automatic over the air Sat Nav update that took the version from 20.11 to 21.5 so the May version but I understand there are updates in May and November but i haven’t received another update since May 21.
The Sat Nav came with the SEL trim but imo isn’t worth paying extra for it. My TomTom updates regularly over the internet and recognises post codes that VW quotes as ‘Off-road’ and speaks the road numbers as e.g A578 unlike the VW Nav that says ‘A five hundred and seventy eight’

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Think the off road may be one of the fixes for the 0278 software. The way different foreign produced navs pronounce things is amusing. The RNS on my mk1 Tig used to lisp three, also for B4300 it would say 'B four thousand three hundred oh oh'.
Current Volvo runs some numbers together can't remember exactly right now but a bit like five threeoh seven...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Success!
Sat Nav has updated over the air today to version 22.4 whilst I was using it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi

Just had an over the air update.

Software is now 0278 from 0270 - anyone know what it does?

Sat Nav is still version 21.5 I would have thought there was a November 21 and also a May 22 update.

Unfortunately there is no 'Check for updates' option as is usual with other kinds of software.
Today once again speed limit flicking from MPH to KM at random !!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correction - my sat nav has updated to Version 22.5 but still has the Post Code/Offroad malarkey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts