Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every T-cross has it by design and easily fixed!

But you can all wait until tonight and ill post a video/pictures. Too dark before work :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok here it is. Remember the over designed parcel shelf stop. With the tailgate down looking in through the rear seats theres about 2" slack on the cord for it to hang. If you gently flick it against the trim it makes the noise i hear. So while driving over bumps n round corners 2 of them are having a right party. Assuming our cars cord is the same length we all got it. Just depends wether it catches your ears.

So vw know about it and over designed the stop with fins to reduce the tap. Us with good ears though 馃槂

Theres a cap on the base of the stop so i guess just a case of reducing the spare length. Ill do mine later.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a good point. Further investigation required. Maybe foam. It would never get seen

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep tailgate open theres no slack so cant be shortened ... i like the sponge idea..... ill see if the dealer comes up with anything better on thursday.... easy fix though, was annoying as hell lol

Registered
I had the noise with parcel shelf off the car. Mine was door bottom, the door mechanism and is solved. Do a ride with anything you can remove from boot area out of the car.

Registered
Hi guys! Have someone found something else rattling? I have removed everything from the boot, the parcel shelf, the boot "fake" floor, the puncture kit (i have no spare tire) and I still hear a rattle, making me crazy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it possible the tailgate had settled with use?, may just need a tighten. Prob a dealer job though

Registered
I have a very irritating rattle that has started on the passenger side of the dashboard. It sounds like it's coming from the junction between the dash and the door, a plasticky tick, tick, tick sound. I can't find the source. I might have to let the wife drive and I sit in the passenger seat!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.