Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I've had my T-Cross United 95 for about 5 days and slowly getting to grips with it, but have some questions which are probably obvious to those of you who have had your vehicle for a while so hopefully someone may be able to help a T-Cross virgin !

• Radio mute button - where is it ? The last 4 or so cars I've had have had a mute button on the steering wheel, but this one doesn't nor does there seem to be one on the main buttons of the infotainment unit. Sure I can turn the steering wheel volume button or the knob to turn the volume right down but surely there is a one-touch mute button somewhere ?

• Infotainment unit on but radio off - tied in with the above, I can't find any way of having the infotainment unit on (i.e. displaying anything other than the screen saver clock) without the radio being on as well

• Heated door mirrors - I've found the button beside the mirror adjustment but it doesn't seem to do anything. Do you have to have the rear screen heater on too for it to work

• Buttons in the roof - I have 3 buttons in the roof which I think are an "i", a spanner and an SOS button. The manual suggests these call some sort of call centre, so I am assuming they use the connected mobile phone to make the call ?

I've not even made a start on the "primary user", WeConnect and all that sort of stuff yet as there is enough to be going on with in fathoming out the basic driving and safety controls so far

Thanks in advance - am sure I will be back with more later

Neil

·
Registered
412 Posts
neilmanc said:
Hi All

I've had my T-Cross United 95 for about 5 days and slowly getting to grips with it, but have some questions which are probably obvious to those of you who have had your vehicle for a while so hopefully someone may be able to help a T-Cross virgin !

• Radio mute button - where is it ? The last 4 or so cars I've had have had a mute button on the steering wheel, but this one doesn't nor does there seem to be one on the main buttons of the infotainment unit. Sure I can turn the steering wheel volume button or the knob to turn the volume right down but surely there is a one-touch mute button somewhere ?
There isn't one i'm afraid, used to be on older VW's there was a voice command button which doubled as a mute if you didn't have voice command.

• Infotainment unit on but radio off - tied in with the above, I can't find any way of having the infotainment unit on (i.e. displaying anything other than the screen saver clock) without the radio being on as well
This is normal, you just have to turn volume full down then you get a mute symbol.

• Heated door mirrors - I've found the button beside the mirror adjustment but it doesn't seem to do anything. Do you have to have the rear screen heater on too for it to work
Mirror heating does not rely on rear screen heating, there's no visible indication, they just demist/dry quietly. It has a temperature sensor and an on timer so they don't stay permanently on.

• Buttons in the roof - I have 3 buttons in the roof which I think are an "i", a spanner and an SOS button. The manual suggests these call some sort of call centre, so I am assuming they use the connected mobile phone to make the call ?
I believe they have their own built in SIM nothing to do with your mobile. It came in as a EU rule that all new cars had to alert a centre if they were in an accident. I haven't a clue who they alert... :)

I've not even made a start on the "primary user", WeConnect and all that sort of stuff yet as there is enough to be going on with in fathoming out the basic driving and safety controls so far

Thanks in advance - am sure I will be back with more later

Neil
You're on your own there, sorry. You're the vanguard leading us into the wonders of MIB3.

Best of luck and enjoy your new 'cross

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response - appreciated.

For the heated door mirrors - does the knob which you use to adjust the mirrors work as some sort of on / off switch for the heated mirrors ? I tried turning it right round to the heated mirror symbol but it didn't light up. Can't remember if I had the engine running so will try again with that on.

Excuse my naivety but what is 'MIB3' that you mention. I'm guessing the OS for the infotainment unit ?

NEIL

·
Registered
412 Posts
First, no the knob doesn't light up, like i said there's absolutely no indication at all anything's working other than a misted or frosted mirror will slowly clear, and a wet mirror will slowly dry up. One of the mysteries of VW why they put it on there rather than coming on with the rear screen demister, it means if you have folding mirrors, and dipping passenger side on park you they all rely on this switch in a different position, so have to choose one feature exclusive of the others.

Oh, yes, in the media display (more than media as car settings are on there too) if you keep pressing car you'll get to energy users, and this will tell you if the mirror heaters are using energy!

Mib2/3 yes the entertainment unit. Also called composition media and discover media unit (the discover is the sat nav version). The version 2 with the all glass screen came in around 2017 i think, the latest cars are now just coming out with version 3. They have built in data connectivity, can update over the air, and some features can be added by buying an enablement key. Though this does seem hit and miss at present as at least one person on here has not been able to get it working even after paying twice!

Actually, although many people refer to them as Mib, i can't see any reference as to why, and i'm guilty of just going along with it.

Also, the screen is just that, a screen. All the logic is in the unit at the back of the glove box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts