Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from sunny South Africa!

I've been lurking for a while, as I'm not a T-Cross owner. Yet. As soon as finances allow I will definately become an owner.
When I'm buying, I'm definately looking a demo models with low mileage, as they represent much better value for money.

Anyhow, I've got some questions relating some options that I see on the available vehicles. Sometimes, the ones with the right price and spec, includes the beats sound option. Now from what I understand, when the car has the beats option, the boot floor can't be lowered because of the subwoofer (and amplifier?). I'm coming from a Jetta with a huge boot in comparison, so it might be a bit of an issue for me.
So the question - can the subwoofer be removed from time to time when I do need that extra bootspace? And will the soundsystem still function without it?
I'm definately getting a roofbox, but there are times when even that won't be practical.

Secondly, can the rearview camera be retro-fitted by a dealer?

Lastly, I can't remember where I read something about it, but is it possible to "upgrade" the Discover Media radio to include Wireless Apple Carplay?

Cheers!

Felix

·
Registered
71 Posts
Now from what I understand, when the car has the beats option, the boot floor can't be lowered because of the subwoofer (and amplifier?).
Correct. And it cannot be easily removed from what I can see.

Whilst you cannot lower the floor because of it, there is still a lot of space under the floor, last time we went on a holiday we packed a fair amount of stuff under the boot floor (ontop of the spare tyre)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
glint.bladesong said:
Now from what I understand, when the car has the beats option, the boot floor can't be lowered because of the subwoofer (and amplifier?).
Correct. And it cannot be easily removed from what I can see.

Whilst you cannot lower the floor because of it, there is still a lot of space under the floor, last time we went on a holiday we packed a fair amount of stuff under the boot floor (ontop of the spare tyre)
THX for that!!

My challenge is the containers that I have to transport sometimes - it only just fits in under the cover with the bootfloor on the lower section. And in South Africa it's never a good idea to drive around without the cover.

So I guess it rules out any beats equipped cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts