Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,just introducing myself as a new member .ive ordered a t cross 1.0115ps SEL DSG which ive been told is currently in transit.

I have a question if anyone can help ,as my dealer hasnt a clue ,it is

when my t cross arrives will it be fitted with summer tyres or all weather ones ?

as my car is a dsg I want to fit all weather tyres for better grip in winter .

on the assumption the car is not supplied with all weather tyres can anyone recommend a good all weather tyre available suitable for 17 inch wheels

many thanks
will post again when the car is here
regards

kevin

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
Welcome to this friendly and useful forum. Mine has Hankook Ventus. VW were all Pirelli till the tyre factory fire when deliveries had to be halted, since then they use 3 suppliers to prevent a recurrence of that, so pot luck really.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Our SEL manual came with Goodyear Efficient Grip tyres.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just had a closer look at my tyres, they are Hankook Ventus Prime 3,which came up as a summer tyre when I searched. But good grip in the wet.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am now picking mine up on Saturday...

I posted on another thread, but please could you let me know what tyre pressures should be in the front and back tyres, so I can make sure my dealer has had those checked before I leave

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Kevin53, by default you get summer tyres, the brand can be variable. Ours was shod with pirrelli cinturato P7 .

Why do you think you need all season due to DSG? The handling with the DSG is no different to any front wheel drive car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@tricky2
Having gone from a manual to a dsg this time I thought that
In slippy conditions without having a clutch to deaccelerate I'd have to use the brake on a dsg hence I thought a better gripping tyre would be useful to reduce slipping ...
I could be wrong of course please let me know if I am

·
Registered
380 Posts
I just nudge the auto gear knob into sport mode if needed. Also worth noting, the DSG 115 comes with discs all round,as opposed to the smaller engine which has drums at the rear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's not correct, my car has discs all round and it has the 115 engine with manual gearbox, the 95 manual has drums on the rear.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
kevin53 said:
@tricky2
Having gone from a manual to a dsg this time I thought that
In slippy conditions without having a clutch to deaccelerate I'd have to use the brake on a dsg hence I thought a better gripping tyre would be useful to reduce slipping ...
I could be wrong of course please let me know if I am
The DSG should be thought of as an automated manual gearbox. Conventional gears and clutch, (although 2 of those). The odd and even gears are on alternate shafts, the clutches are concentric, one for one shaft one for the other. When it selects the driving gear it preselects the next gear it believes you'll need. It's all controlled by solenoids, and the car electronics.

But the drive is always connected to the engine just as in a manual car. So full engine control to slow the car down unlike a torque converter. (OK if you read my other thread about coasting you will see it's possible when you lift off it decouples the clutch, but the lightest touch on the brake pedal or paddles on the steering wheel if you have them, reengages the clutch)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Pete Cross said:
That's not correct, my car has discs all round and it has the 115 engine with manual gearbox, the 95 manual has drums on the rear.
Have a mended my original post😇😁 Thanks for the update 👍

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi guys
Just found out my car arrives next Friday but due to restrictions the dealer won't be able to sit in the car with me to explain functions.. bit of a shame . Also I asked if I had any problems they said refer it to local dealer as it's arriving from a dealer 100 miles away.
Is this right?
After having 2 test drives in February it's been a long time and I'm strangely nervous about getting used to the car having driven a Leon for five years which has been a good car .
Main reason for change is the higher driving position and easier getting in and out (I'm 67).
I'm also excited to st last be getting it , hopefully after reading the posts here it's gonna be a good choice
Tcross sel dsg 115 reef blue metallic camera winter pack folding mirrors

·
Registered
162 Posts
It is strange after a different car, I was used to ix20 also love the higher position. I find this slightly lower to get in and out of (depending what height you have your seat at) but the steering wheel is lower, so I sit a bit lower. Also the steering on this is slightly heavier. It's just getting used to it, you will be fine after a few days

·
Registered
65 Posts
kevin53 said:
Hi guys
Just found out my car arrives next Friday but due to restrictions the dealer won't be able to sit in the car with me to explain functions.. bit of a shame . Also I asked if I had any problems they said refer it to local dealer as it's arriving from a dealer 100 miles away.
Is this right?
After having 2 test drives in February it's been a long time and I'm strangely nervous about getting used to the car having driven a Leon for five years which has been a good car .
Main reason for change is the higher driving position and easier getting in and out (I'm 67).
I'm also excited to st last be getting it , hopefully after reading the posts here it's gonna be a good choice
Tcross sel dsg 115 reef blue metallic camera winter pack folding mirrors
You will be fine, Seat is basically a VW too, you will find yourself at home in T-Cross and with better view too. Everything you need, you will find almost exactly the same place as your Seat.
Happy driving!

-eelis-

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.