Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was too late to add the spare wheel to the factory order and my dealership say the space saver spare wheel is not available as a post delivery purchase. All they could offer me was a full size wheel minus the tyre - which wouldn't fit in the boot spare wheel bay.

Has anyone been able to source a genuine VW space saver wheel and accessories (jack etc.) for the TCross and would you know the spec for the spare?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got a full size spare from VW 16" steel wheel, tyre, wrench and jack for £198. As this was similar price to the space savers available on the internet I went for that. It fits ok into the boot and still allows the floor to be fitted in the lower position. I have the SE with 17" alloys but the 16" steel wheel is the accepted size for a spare.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The individual parts for the spare wheel option must be available from a dealer, otherwise they could never replace a damaged unit !
Try another dealer.

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had the same issue, forgot to add to order, VW could not supply so decided to source myself. Steel rim from Oponeo 16 inch magneto to suit T-CROSS £40.00 free delivery. Tyre services fitted budget 205/55R16 91W tyre at £55.00. Total £95.00. Fits comfortably in wheel well. Buy a jack and wheel brace from Halfords. Very pleased, but did take a little effort.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I thought about this, but then I never touched the spare in her previous polo in 3 years, nor my tig in 5 years so I reckon the requirement is pretty low.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Famous last words above :) So, 2 months and 1,200 miles in, went out this morning got less than a quarter of a mile when I had the "check rear right wheel" warning. Pulled over a bit further on a straight, and the rear right was almost completely flat.

Thought I'd try pumping up to see if I could get back home, so got the supplied pump out. Note the dash power socket needs ignition on, then had to feed wire out the window as it was offside and cars kept passing. Did manage to pump it up and get home. Had to take the wheel off using the jack from my car and take it in in my car to get it fixed.

That's it, I need to source a spare as I'm not having this palava again, and it's Good I was so close to home, otherwise I might have had to use the gunk to seal it, then don't know if it could've been repaired.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just bought space saver spare off ebay for 50 pounds inc,.jack wheel brace etc.Fits perfectly in rline boot even with beats woofer in there.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
360 Posts
When I bought my previous car it only had a repair kit (and that's "only got a 3yr lifespan). The dealer said" How often do you get a puncture these days? ". Well I went on to have 3,all too big for sealant!! And the first two were late evening, and the worst a blowout on the to the airport for holiday!! Needless to say this time I ordered a spare!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got all the kit from my dealer Rim tyre jack etc see my earlier post on the subject hope it helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jimbob68 said:
Just bought space saver spare off ebay for 50 pounds inc,.jack wheel brace etc.Fits perfectly in rline boot even with beats woofer in there.
I am thinking of doing the same.

Looking at the wheel well, I can see the "foam box" which houses the repair kit.

Is the spare wheel kit quite easy to install as all I can see the the original large wheel bracing nut and spine in the middle that will need undoing.

By the way, does anyone know what the VW official part code is for the kit?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts