Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot has been said about this subject but the best price I can find for a spacesaver for my R Line with 18 inch wheels is £180 which includes tool kit and carriage. Can anyone provide details of a cheaper supplier? Also, I understand that legally you need a retaining fixing bolt screw clamp for VW T Cross space saver wheel which did not come with my car and does not come with spacesaver wheel as far as I can see.

R line DSG 115 in Makena Turquoise
Electric mirrors
Sound Beats system,
Active Info display
Rear camera

·
Registered
203 Posts
You can do a lot better on eBay even if you have to buy the tool kit separately. There is currently a wheel and tyre advertised for £80.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Be careful buying used off ebay, etc - check the date code as some are old and could be dangerous

·
Registered
72 Posts
IWRA said:
Well first glance it's rusty so it's been sat outside for a while then looking at the tyre (enlarged) it has the date code 0206 which means the tyre was made in the 2nd week of 2006 - the tyre is therefore 14.5 years old - well past the recommended 5 year shelf life for a new tyre or 10 years recommended life when fitted to the car

·
Registered
33 Posts
Be careful there's a lot of non VW kits out there with skinny temporary wheels in the wrong size and jacks with the incorrect fitment. I checked all the part numbers with VW and found that i could get the full genuine kit cheaper through Seat as the same kit is used on the Arona. £120 for everything delivered with the correct jack, tool kit, holder etc. VW wanted nearly £200. Fits perfectly in the boot.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do you have a pic of your spare wheel/ toolkit in the boot Barry? does the foam holder sit inside the wheel or around the outside?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The wheel sits face down in the well - you should already have a plastic screw thing to hold it down as it currently holds your tyre repair kit in place. The foam insert then sits inside the wheel held in place by a strap that's passed through the holes in the spare wheel. I'll take a picture later in situ. Very neat and identical to factory install.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Barry - now on the lookout for a MK4 Golf or beetle wheel :)

I asked a VW dealer last week about this and he said it wouldn't work? i said i know the speedo will be out very slight but as a temp it's ok,

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well managed to buy a full toolkit in foam holder from a MK8 polo and now ordered a unused 205/55/16 Hankook tyre (2 years old) on a 16" steel rim off ebay :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Think the wheel should be fine not sure about the jack though. I'd double check the part number once you get it as if I remember correctly the jack was specific to t-cross, arona and kamiq.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts