1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys me again asking for help
3 things really
.one is the speed limit display
am i right in thinking it only displays when the sat nav is on the infotainment screen and if so can it be configured to show on the active info display thereby leaving me to put radio or media to show on the infotainment screen but still getting a speed limit display between the dials on the active info display
secondly
im sure im going mad but im sure i read in the manual that you can program audible /visual alerts to the system if you go over speed limit or near to it and you can adjust this by 1 mph each time ? i had a visual /audio warning on my seat leon and i just wondered if its on here too but i cant find it
and lastly
im sure i read a post where someone imported radio station logos onto the infotainment system but i cant find the post

sorry for all these questions but when i got my car it was delivered by trailer and there was no handover as such ,just here it is heres the manual get on woth it !
thanks guys

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi.. I only know about the speed limit display. You are right in that it only shows when the Nav screen is on the info screen but not when the map is displayed on the Active screen....don't know why..

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Speed WARNING is I believe using the same switches and display as cruise (ACC) within the assistance menu you can switch between CONTROL and WARNING.

Never tried it, I don't want to be nannied, Lane assist is bossy enough

EDIT: My bad, just checked and they appear to have replaced speed warning with speed LIMITER. As I said above uses same controls as cruise, but shows LIM and the speed. This I think is because of the new EU rules to introduce speed limiting to all new cars. I believe by default it will hold it when it gets to the limit set, but you can override with hard accelerator action.

P22 of the manual refers to the MFD, but its not there on the equivalent settings of the Active Info.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After talking to Vw you can set limiter to 30 (handy in town )
Then when you're out of limit turn it off then when you get into 30 traffic turn it on again .. obviously if you're in 20 or 40 zones you'd have to reset it which on the road driving j would suspect is a pain but 30 is a pretty good speed to start with .
I had 2 speeding fines for doing 34/35 in a 30 zone this limiter sounds useful ......🙂

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Changing the speed setting is as easy as changing the ACC setting, just press + and - for 5mph increments, or res / set for up down 1 mph. E.G. Your set at 30, enter a 50, press + 4 times, returning to 30, press - 4 times. There's a little arrow round the outside of the speedo that shows what its set to, as well as the small speed numbers lower right under the speedo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like to use the speed limiter whenever I am driving in town. Sadly there are three disappointments with the speed limiter on the T-Cross. The first two also apply to my Touareg (which has the same steering wheel).

1. For a driving aid It is stupidly difficult to access, you have to got to the menu on the instrument cluster to select it and that needs 4 button presses to switch from ACC and a wait while it announces it's presence. It would have been so much better if the ACC on/off button cycled through the functions ACC--LIM--OFF--ACC--LIM--OFF......

2. When you next restart the engine it reverts to ACC which you need to remember if you are doing a multi stop journey.

3. It does not use the brakes (the way ACC does) to control the speed so the car will run away making warning noises down hills.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Have you checked out using the button on the left hand steering switches, bottom right (car with dashes round it) takes you straight to assistance menu in the centre section if the AID, then turn on ACC, down arrow to speed and press OK.

AID at the beginning
Vehicle Car Speedometer Steering part Motor vehicle

Press Assistance
Car Automotive design Gesture Steering wheel Finger

Assistance screen
Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

Press ACC
Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Tire Vehicle

ACC turned on
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Speedometer

Press Down to the Limit line
Car Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Steering wheel

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle

Press OK to select
Vehicle Car Light Automotive design Fixture

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Speedometer Automotive design

Wait and AID reverts
Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Light

Under the speedo you now have LIM, and the speed setting, you can increase this by 5 mph increments with the + button on the left.

EDIT:

OK, bizarre , just checked and the + does not increment in 5 mph steps, but it increments in strange steps. First is 19 mph, then 25, 31, 37, 43, 50, 56, 62, 68, 75, 81, 87, 93, 99 didn't bother after that. I think they equate to KMPH speeds, e.g. 37 mph is 50 kmph, and 50 mph is 80 kmph.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
On our Polo we had a simple speed warning option that gave an audible warning when set speed was exceeded.

On the T Cross speed warning I believe had been removed in favour of using the speed limiter option but I don't find this so user friendly but it can be overridden by a sharp press on the right foot !

I have pretended that I have winter tyres and have set the "warning" to 75mph. You get a beep when exceeded so it mimics the previous option.

T Cross R Line 110PS - Limestone Grey, Folding Mirrors, Rear Camera

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.