Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other owner is experiencing any noise?

I have a very annoying noise that I can hear when going over speed bumps or potholes etc.

I removed from boot area anything I could i.e. both boot covers top and bottom, spare tyre, tool kit, triangle, fire extinguisher, etc and the squeak is still there!

I've done a small test ride with my 10yr old daughter in the boot :oops: with seats folded and supposing that she is accurate she says that it is coming from the bottom of boot door! It is the locking mechanism or something nearby.

Any idea?

Btw both black plastics (one on each side) - in the attached photo you can see one of them -are loosen. :cry:

Wood Sleeve Musical instrument accessory Floor Flooring

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
CPPGR said:
Any other owner is experiencing any noise?

I have a very annoying noise that I can hear when going over speed bumps or potholes etc.

Any idea?
Only noise I have had is a knocking from the centre of the car..

Found it was due to the passenger seat belt socket banging on the centre console on bumpy roads, as it is very close. It only happened when no passenger was present, as when in use the seat belt pulled it away from the centre console just enough to stop it knocking.

Easily cured by a tiny rubber sticky pad stuck in just the right place.

Easy fix !!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a knocking sound too in the boot area when going over bumpy roads.
Have no idea from where it's exactly. At first I tought it was from something I put in the trunk, but removed absolutely everything and it's still there.

I will make some time to go to the dealer

Really annoying

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Solved!!

Rear door locking mechanism had loosened bolts.

The good thing, they had to send a video to the central explaining where exactly the issue was in order to check with production line

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ahh, with stereo off ive had a tiny noise... ill check the mech later &#x1f44d-1f3fc;

·
Registered
88 Posts
Having also emptied everything out of the boot, lowered the seats, clipped in the seat belts, and wrapped foam around the dangly bits on the end of the parcel shelf cord I was about to give up.
Then I read what CPPGR had to say.
I backed off my drive and got the normal rattle.
Then backed off with the boot OPEN, - no rattle.
Booked in for Monday, and made the dealer aware.
Many thanks CPPGR

·
Registered
88 Posts
Still not right,
Returned my car to the dealer mainly due to a rattle in the boot, which is still not fully resolved. (I did ask them to check if the boot locking mechanism had come loose).
They insulated the back panel trim according to the paperwork.
I phoned them today and they were pretty good, they suggested I bring the car in and try and duplicate it with the mechanic present.
They also offered a free courtesy car if it needed to go in

BUT they did take out my ugly packing from around the 'A' frame and the dash on the left hand side to resolve the noise from there.
They repositioned it, and added insulation.
It is now a closer fit with the Dashboard, looks perfect, and no more creaking or ticking noises.

cant fault VW Ipswich for Customer service. View attachment 470

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here's an odd one! I've had the boot rattle and mysterious squeaks etc from the front a pillar... Pretty much like other on here.

Stopped a a shop today and noticed that the one of the rubber boot stops was wound in more that the other. Wound it out to the same... So in theory there is more pressire/support on the boot lid and hey presto the rattle has gone!

What's weird is so has the A Pillar noise! So wether this noise was an acoustic trick of the ears time will tell. Got a longish journey tomorrow.

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
156 Posts
Daytel said:
ame and the dash on the left hand side to resolve the noise from there.
They repositioned it, and added insulation.
It is now a closer fit with the Dashboard, looks perfect, and no more creaking or ticking noises.
Do you know what they did and how it was repositioned ?

I have had a look and can't see how it can be adjusted or repositioned !!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Greycross
Just to clarify, I had 2 problems, the boot area, and the creaking/ticking from the passenger side dash, (as do many others).
This thread refers to the boot area, so I tried to stick to that.
I referred to the dash as it was on the paperwork, so others could show there dealer how mine was cured, and YES, despite my first doubts it IS CURED>.
Back to the dash, they appear to have removed the 'A' pillar on the passenger side, added insulation and re positioned it as the gap between it and the dash is now smaller.
If you look under the other threads 'Creaking, squeaking and cracking noise' and 'Noises creaking and cracking from passenger side'
you will see my entries.
The garage took out my packing, that I had wedged in, Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Comfort Vehicle
and it looks perfect, and am now enjoying a completely quiet ride

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.