Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my T Cross on PCP my options were to change the car after 1,2,3 or 4 yrs or make the final payment and keep it. Obviously, with the pandemic, the mileage is so low (virtually the same as getting a pre reg car) it seems a no brainer to stick with it. With the model now coming up to 2 years would be interesting to hear your thoughts. Would you be keeping what you have, getting another new one or changing to something else?And if it's the latter would you look at the Skoda Kamiq, Ford Puma or something else?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I guess it depends on money....if you return it after 2 years, is there much residual cash for a deposit on a new car.. Would you have to put a cash injection for a new car.?. If you have to put more cash in, for the deposit, you may as well keep the existing car being low mileage..what is there to gain by changing .?
If you feel like a change anyway, then , yes, try an alternative make just for fun.
For me, definitely not the Puma, I think Ford lost the way some years back. I previously had a Renault Captur, and before that, a Nissan Juke, both of which I liked.
The Skodas look good but are essentially a cheaper VW... The Audi A2 is nice but more expensive..
Stick with the T-cross...!.

·
Registered
65 Posts
As above.

Its got to be down to the money.

I think the poster above means Audi Q2 not A2 unless you want to go totally retro!

A guy at my work has a Q2....despises it and cant wait to get rid!

I drive a BMW m135i......but am more than happy to jump in the wifes T-Cross.....as an all rounder, I think its near perfect.

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you're still happy with the car, stick. You're paying against the depreciation, and until the trade in value matches the loan outstanding you're in negative equity. Changed from a 2 yr old passat to my current Tig, and lost money. Changed from misses 3.5 yr polo to her Cross, and came out a hundred or so in credit.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, very happy with the car, and with such little use and low mileage due to the lock downs will likely see out the 4 yrs of payments. Unless, of course, I get an offer too good to refuse. By then probably getting close to a face lift model being due.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts