Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the 19th September I received update via the VW app that my car had at last been built - :D - and was now in transit.
Three weeks later, fed up with waiting for notification it had arrived in the UK, I decided today to contact VW customer services. Only to be told..... sorry, but it's still in Spain :( :(
Apparently the car should have been loaded on a vehicle carrier ship called the Paglia on 6th October, but for some reason it wasn't :(
It takes 15 days for the Paglia to do a round trip from Santander via Setubal to Emden to Santander. So VW customer services have suggested I call them on 21st October when they should be able to confirm that my car has now been loaded onto the Paglia. It takes 10 days for the Paglia to arrive in Emden from Santander. Which means my car will arrive in Germany on 'Brexit Day' 31st October ...... then what??? Delivery sometime in November if I'm lucky :(

Has anyone else had similar problems with delivery, or is it just me? :(

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine arrived in the UK a week ago. Should hear from the dealer soon about delivery to them and collection. Hoping it will be in the next week or so.

Bummer that yours was left behind. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I was notified on 23/09/19 that mine was in transit but neither the dealer or the (useless) app can tell me where my car is.
Hopefully we will get them soon!

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
MikeB said:
On the 19th September I received update via the VW app that my car had at last been built - :D - and was now in transit.
Three weeks later, fed up with waiting for notification it had arrived in the UK, I decided today to contact VW customer services. Only to be told..... sorry, but it's still in Spain :( :(
Apparently the car should have been loaded on a vehicle carrier ship called the Paglia on 6th October, but for some reason it wasn't :(
It takes 15 days for the Paglia to do a round trip from Santander via Setubal to Emden to Santander. So VW customer services have suggested I call them on 21st October when they should be able to confirm that my car has now been loaded onto the Paglia. It takes 10 days for the Paglia to arrive in Emden from Santander. Which means my car will arrive in Germany on 'Brexit Day' 31st October ...... then what??? Delivery sometime in November if I'm lucky :(

Has anyone else had similar problems with delivery, or is it just me? :(
I got the In Transit message 20 days ago then........ nothing!!
Ringing dealer today :oops: :evil:

·
Registered
129 Posts
VW use more than one ship from Santander, it is worth chasing VW and/or your dealer regularly for updates. Another ship regularly used is the Patara which also called at Santander a week ago.

The routing is also not obvious, my car (week 36 production) was put on the Patara on the 16th September and then offloaded in Setubal and then put on another ship to Sheerness even though the Patara was routed to Emden and then Sheerness.

Note that ships also change depending on which UK Port is the final destination.

Keep Hassling VW !

·
Registered
380 Posts
Rang dealer,salesman` s day off,grrrr!! :roll: Other salesman in meeting!!! :roll: Awaiting call back so will update when possible.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Checked tracking site and that` s still down too!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Helpful manager rang back and said yes, tracking site down, but would try a different system and ring me back this afternoon. He's hopeful it would arrive in the next few days. Hope that's not too good to be true. :shock:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just heard from helpful Sales Manager, my car went on Paglia 15 mins ago(been sitting in Portugal about 20 days 😢). He thinks I could be sitting in car at the end of the month. Fingers x'd

·
Registered
313 Posts
Wow thats bit of a journey! 20days waiting for a boat in portugal is bad planning id say. At least you got some solid news. Hopefully progresses fast for you now.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks, coming via Germany so will be tracking the ship as dealer emailed me a link 😉

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Digitalracer said:
Thanks, coming via Germany so will be tracking the ship as dealer emailed me a link 😉
Unfortunately mine is still stuck in Spain, sat gathering dust till the the 21st October.

What I don't understand is you ordered your car in July more than 2 months after I ordered mine and yet you're getting yours before I'm getting mine. According to my dealership that doesn't happen. They've told me that anyone that's ordered a T-Cross with DSG transmission after me, won't be getting their car before me.... I'm beginning not to believe them :(

Will phone VW customer services tomorrow for another moan :(

·
Registered
129 Posts
MikeB said:
According to my dealership that doesn't happen. They've told me that anyone that's ordered a T-Cross with DSG transmission after me, won't be getting their car before me.... I'm beginning not to believe them :(
Load of rubbish and your dealer knows it.

If your dealer group has an existing stock order in the system which is unallocated that can be converted into a customer specific order and delivery can be quick.

Other factors are that dealers with too many other orders will have new orders slowed down at the initial stages - VW try and smooth orders across dealers..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Drw said:
MikeB said:
According to my dealership that doesn't happen. They've told me that anyone that's ordered a T-Cross with DSG transmission after me, won't be getting their car before me.... I'm beginning not to believe them :(
Load of rubbish and your dealer knows it.

If your dealer group has an existing stock order in the system which is unallocated that can be converted into a customer specific order and delivery can be quick.

Other factors are that dealers with too many other orders will have new orders slowed down at the initial stages - VW try and smooth orders across dealers..
The dealership also told me that I couldn't amend my order (I wanted to add electrically folding wing mirrors back in June) once the order had progressed to stage 2..... I think they were telling porkies then too :x

·
Registered
380 Posts
I tried to add the Active Info but also was told too late to amend my order, so you're not alone in that.

·
Registered
313 Posts
MikeB said:
Digitalracer said:
Unfortunately mine is still stuck in Spain, sat gathering dust till the the 21st October.

What I don't understand is you ordered your car in July more than 2 months after I ordered mine and yet you're getting yours before I'm getting mine. According to my dealership that doesn't happen. They've told me that anyone that's ordered a T-Cross with DSG transmission after me, won't be getting their car before me.... I'm beginning not to believe them :(

Will phone VW customer services tomorrow for another moan :(
Total rubbish, i ordered end of june a month and half after your order and im collecting tuesday . Thats at least two times you know of.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Total rubbish, i ordered end of june a month and half after your order and im collecting tuesday . Thats at least two times you know of.
Mine was ordered beginning of July and its at stage 6 - arrived in the UK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Apparently mine was on a ship and delivered to Sheerness, but it then swam back to Spain (needed a bit of a tan maybe?) and is now waiting for a ship to bring it back to the UK - VW customer services are next to useless and keep diverting to dealers - can they grow a pair and admit to a screw up?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.