Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my T-Cross in May and I'm still waiting for VW to confirm a build week for the car. It would be good to know if anyone else has experienced the same problem, or if it's just me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
:eek: have you had no luck with the dealer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spc369 said:
:eek: have you had no luck with the dealer?
No, the dealership haven't been able to help. They contacted VW for me and have only managed to get unconfirmed build weeks varying between Week 37 and Week 43.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
The dealer is the best person to get access to the projected build week, however it will move around, DSG models are usually slower than others unless the dealer has access to an unallocated build slot.

4 or 5 weeks before manufacture the order will move to stage 3 in the app and should then be a fixed slot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
MikeB said:
I ordered my T-Cross in May and I'm still waiting for VW to confirm a build week for the car. It would be good to know if anyone else has experienced the same problem, or if it's just me.
Hey, I ordered the same day as you. Build week 37 only confirmed a couple of weeks ago to me. So not that far off if that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Perhaps they have got over the initial rush, or having a big push before Brexit, but I seem to be progressing faster than you.

Ordered 17th July, with the dealer quoting a collection date of 31st October.
Went to Stage 3 on the app a few weeks ago, but no actual build date/week.
Contacted the Dealer on16th August
He said the build is week 36. w/c 2nd September.

Maybe my dealer had a spare slot within his allocation, I think it does pay to push for a date.
I am not usually this lucky, The app hasn't changed so I can only hope and wait.

T Cross R Line. DSG Reef Blue (but now thinking Limestone grey is nicer).
Spare wheel. Park Assist. Rear view camera. Folding Mirrors
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Daytel said:
Perhaps they have got over the initial rush, or having a big push before Brexit, but I seem to be progressing faster than you.

Ordered 17th July, with the dealer quoting a collection date of 31st October.
Went to Stage 3 on the app a few weeks ago, but no actual build date/week.
Contacted the Dealer on16th August
He said the build is week 36. w/c 2nd September.

Maybe my dealer had a spare slot within his allocation, I think it does pay to push for a date.
I am not usually this lucky, The app hasn't changed so I can only hope and wait.

T Cross R Line. DSG Reef Blue (but now thinking Limestone grey is nicer).
Spare wheel. Park Assist. Rear view camera. Folding Mirrors
I've been pushing for a build week since June, but obviously not hard enough, or maybe the sales person I've been dealing with hasn't bothered to push VW enough on confirming build week. Or maybe, the dealership have had pushier customers than me who've nicked my build week and I've just gone to the back of the queue???

The manager at the dealership I'm getting my car from is out till Thursday, when he's back I'm going to have a good old moan and use your order (which is same as mine plus another couple of extras) as an example of a much shorter lead-time between placing order and progressing to stage 3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
MikeB, have a look at the thread for "Build week or two' as it may be helpful you when you speak to the manager on Thursday.
YO62 has written:
:Reef Blue - R Line -115psi Manual - Rear Cam
Ordered 3rd August
Build week 12th August
Delivery Sept 2019

Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
The big worry for me is I've just been into the dealership and they informed me that whatever price I agree for a factory build now is fixed but not for anything that happens with Brexit. He said VW were expecting a minimum of 10% import duty from day 1 and this would be added to the price even if ordered pre-Brexit. He says the price will be based on when it enters the UK. Apparently will apply to all EU built cars so if you don't get it before Oct 31st be prepared to pay another 10% !! (Assuming of course Brexit goes ahead or a trade agreement isn't reached).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dcweather said:
The big worry for me is I've just been into the dealership and they informed me that whatever price I agree for a factory build now is fixed but not for anything that happens with Brexit. He said VW were expecting a minimum of 10% import duty from day 1 and this would be added to the price even if ordered pre-Brexit. He says the price will be based on when it enters the UK. Apparently will apply to all EU built cars so if you don't get it before Oct 31st be prepared to pay another 10% !! (Assuming of course Brexit goes ahead or a trade agreement isn't reached).
I enquired about whether receiving the car after the 31st October would affect the price and was told - 'We are price protected so brexit will not make a difference to the price of the car' - so worry not. Although any vehicle due for delivery after the 31st might end up stuck in transit for a while ☹
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
MikeB said:
dcweather said:
The big worry for me is I've just been into the dealership and they informed me that whatever price I agree for a factory build now is fixed but not for anything that happens with Brexit. He said VW were expecting a minimum of 10% import duty from day 1 and this would be added to the price even if ordered pre-Brexit. He says the price will be based on when it enters the UK. Apparently will apply to all EU built cars so if you don't get it before Oct 31st be prepared to pay another 10% !! (Assuming of course Brexit goes ahead or a trade agreement isn't reached).
I enquired about whether receiving the car after the 31st October would affect the price and was told - 'We are price protected so brexit will not make a difference to the price of the car' - so worry not. Although any vehicle due for delivery after the 31st might end up stuck in transit for a while ☹
I recommend that you email the dealer confirming what you were told (ideally quoting who said it and when) and see what the reaction is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Drw said:
MikeB said:
dcweather said:
The big worry for me is I've just been into the dealership and they informed me that whatever price I agree for a factory build now is fixed but not for anything that happens with Brexit. He said VW were expecting a minimum of 10% import duty from day 1 and this would be added to the price even if ordered pre-Brexit. He says the price will be based on when it enters the UK. Apparently will apply to all EU built cars so if you don't get it before Oct 31st be prepared to pay another 10% !! (Assuming of course Brexit goes ahead or a trade agreement isn't reached).
I enquired about whether receiving the car after the 31st October would affect the price and was told - 'We are price protected so brexit will not make a difference to the price of the car' - so worry not. Although any vehicle due for delivery after the 31st might end up stuck in transit for a while ☹
I recommend that you email the dealer confirming what you were told (ideally quoting who said it and when) and see what the reaction is.
I have an email from dealership and took the comment 'We are price protected so brexit will not make a difference to the price of the car' from that email. I would suggest that anyone still waiting for a build week to be confirmed like me asks their dealership to confirm they are price protected in the event of a no deal Brexit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Just sent email asking dealer to confirm Brexit won't affect my price, many thanks for advice. Ordered 29th June still no build date. After the recent posts I've asked for reversing camera to be added
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Brexit is one question I have been asking dealers when I have been visiting and test driving various cars, all have said order price agreed is price protected, although most don't have much idea how Brexit will affect them, like the rest of us. One think I do know is that a 10% import tax will make a new car unaffordable for me and I suspect many others likewise, with motor sales crashing over night.

My dilemma is do I order now before 31/10 or hold my nerve and wait and see how Brexit pans out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
It would appear different dealers are wording what they say differently. Within the "we don't know" my main dealer said VW have told them they can't categorically guarantee the price should import duty change. I think it is good advice if you are likely to get caught ordering before but receiving after Oct 31st to get it in writing that the price is fixed and to include if any import tax is brought in after October 31st. That is what I would do which would surely help in a legal situation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Similar response from mine. Unsure of actual situation re Brexit. But a Week 36 build car should be in the country before 31/10. The key date is when it lands... not when you get to collect it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
My car ordered 16 May was scheduled week 36 build. Just had text to say now in transit. I thought tomorrow was the start of week 36 so may be a little earlier than scheduled..
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top