Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine doesn't always switch off when I think it should, it seems to depend on numerous factors, charge of battery, engine temperature, AC status, it may not necessarily be a fault. I just leave mine to do its own thing!

·
Super Moderator
462 Posts
If you've just bought it take it back to the seller for fixing. Most common issue though is the battery not being charged enough.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
384 Posts
Mine rarely works locally but does after a long (20 miles or so) run. The only time it surprised me actually doing it was immediately after picking it up after a service, so the garage must have done something 🤔

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mine works more than it should, cutting the engine in 2nd gear when crawling at traffic lights and junctions. Very dangerous, however VW and there dealers don't acknowledge it or want to know about it and don't have a fix for it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
it seems to depend on numerous factors, charge of battery, engine temperature, AC status, it may not necessarily be a fault
(Warning, this is from memory and the steps may not be perfect) From the infortainment unit, if you press the "Car" button there is a "Stop/Start" button on the screen, pressing this will list the last reason the stop/start failed to kick in, or why the car started automatically once stopped

I've seen it list reasons such as "Humidity to high", "Car infront pull away" and "Steering wheel turned to far" ... now why THAT is an issue is beyond me, but the car does do a good job in telling you the reasons.

Reactions: Halin9

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine works more than it should, cutting the engine in 2nd gear when crawling at traffic lights and junctions. Very dangerous, however VW and there dealers don't acknowledge it or want to know about it and don't have a fix for it.
Mine too. This is particularly dangerous when joining a main road increasing the risk of getting rear-ended. Dealer unable to replicate the fault so I've changed my style of driving to minimise the chance of it happening by using 1st gear more than any other car I have owned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts