Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been told not to use supermarket in these petrol engines.
I had heard because of the economic design and emission requirements they can carbon up quickly?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Has anyone tried the Shell V Power in their car yet and noticed any improvement in MPG, currently my T Cross is in the low forties MPG best recorded is 41.7 and thats been on local roads mine is a DSG Auto, and this tank is supermarket fuel.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The 1.0 TSI engine is direct injection and this can cause carbon build up on the inlet valves around 50000 miles, a known problem with these types of engines. The cleaning agents in the premium brand pump fuels helps to overcome this so when my T Cross comes I will be filling up with BP premium (BP only because garage convenient to me ) though the odd tank of supermarket fuel wont harm.
Of course if your on a 3 year PCP deal this wont matter to you ,but it might to the second owner.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just done a run on Shell V Power all Motorway 120 miles not at maximum speed as some 50mph due to restrictions and 66mpg could not believe it. 115 engine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
High octane petrol is always preferred in turbo engines.
You will not get more outright performance, it is just more refined to that of lower octane and this way keeps engine cleaner, that is what will give you a bit of performance and therefore better mpg!
I prefer the BP 100 unleaded but Shell V power is satisfactory too!
About supermarket fuel .. maybe it won't hurt from time to time.... If needed!
Hint: The highest octane the petrol is , more difficult to get mixed with other fluids it is!

P.S. I have been a bit of Yoda in this last sentence ... :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.