Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm due to order a T Cross soon and was looking at SEL with a rear view camera fitted. Are there any other additional equipment that you could recommend that might be useful, such as folding mirrors etc

Thank you 馃槉

Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
Yes, folding mirrors useful, spare wheel is a must. I'm very happy with the auto headlights. Auto parking was only about 拢150 extra (as front and rear sensors were included in SEL). I did try to add Active Display but was too far down the process, tho I 'm now happy with the very clear standard display and can alter centre to display what's needed. Personally I think SEL spec is a good choice as like the sports seats and lumbar support, led lights and extra chrome. I ordered chrome boot strip and with hindsight after seeing it in the flesh I wouldn't have. Hope this helps.

Registered
I agree Folding Wing Mirrors, Reversing Camera and Spare Wheel at the point of order otherwise twice the price if you purchase it after delivery as i know having brought a demo with the Glue Kit not great. I have an R Line, Active Info is good if you are into all the Tec stuff and i have the Winter Pack heated seats etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the advice. I have never driven automatic before but am strongly considering it. The only thing I'm worried about is driving in snow/ice in the T Cross. I currently have a Ford Fiesta so will be a massive change for me.

My current car package looks like;
Auto SEL
Limestone grey
Folding wing mirrors
Spare tyre
Rear view camera

I would love the winter pack and active info display but might be out of price range for me.

Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
Had auto for many years now, would never go back, especially with cities so busy and traffic stop start. Really happy with my T Cross. Again with hindsight probably should have reversing camera (not sure how good in the dark they are?), but as you say how much can you spend on extras, they mount up so quickly!!

Super Moderator
The DSG is excellent, think of it more as an automated manual box, no power loss to a torque converter. Take offs are exceptional, nothing changes gear as fast as these boxes. I've not tried the cross on snow ice yet, but never had a problem with my tig.

Rear camera, worth it, a large bright clear picture, very Good at night too. Especially as the view out the rear window is so limited. Spare wheel I'd say yes, I had to buy one afterwards after having one puncture and being lucky i was near home. Note with the repair kit there's no jack or wheelbrace either.

Folding mirrors are OK, I've got them on my Tig but not on the cross and don't really miss them.

Registered
SEL is the best spec for the price imo. Mine is a manual 1.0L 115 with metallic paint, folding mirrors and winter pack (I can't live without heated seats) and you also get heated windscreen washer jets which are good in winter. I didn't spec the folding mirrors initially on my order but they were free as dealer sourced my car from VW stock as the spec was same. I bought spare saver wheel separate from an online place and was much cheaper than the factory option. Already had VW OEM jack and wheel wrench. I believe someone had posted a photo here with the cost of the VW spare and missing parts before.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone that's really helpful information. I'm waiting on quotes now so can decide on what to order. Hopefully will update you all on my order &#x1f91e-1f3fd;

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.