Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just an observation, I dropped off and collected my t cross at the main VW dealership yesterday as the mud flaps finally came into stock. I found there was loads of parking available because there were hardly any cars there.

Talking to the dealer they said they had no new cars available and nothing coming in the next few months due to the chip shortages. They said some cars were part built and stuck waiting the chips and others they hadn’t been able to start. I checked online and most models were 1 single new car available across the whole group.

Anyone else noticed this or heard similar? Is there a long delay in orders now? I am relived I opted for a car which was already in stock afew weeks ago now rather than a custom order.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is a world wide issue across all manufacturers. The shortage is largely due to the auto industry underestimating car sales prior to the worst of the pandemic. They (the manufacturers) predicted that they would not sell many cars and cancelled semi conductor orders but, in reality, demand for new cars spiked along with appliances and other devices that use the chips. Semi conductor manufacturers are trying to catch up with reinstated vehicle orders but they have other customers who have ordered big time and vehicle builders have to wait their turn. Expect to see large scale shortages for some time along with de-contented vehicles. Some cars may not be able to be optioned with certain electronic aids, and you may see a reversion to analogue instruments for example. I know that Mercedes Benz have cancelled and/or amended some customer orders, and I assume others are in a similar position. Cheers-John

Reactions: AJW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dropped my T-Cross in for a service the other day and asked a salesman about possibly trading up next year. He quoted between 37 weeks and 48 weeks for a factory order. I think I'll stick thank you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good time to quit owning a car & sell! I was offered more for my 69 plate 12,000 mile T-cross than I paid for it. I purchased it as an ex demo with 1,000 miles on the clock for £18k for our VW main dealer. I was offered £18,300 yesterday! its our only car so will not sell at this time, but it is tempting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good time to quit owning a car & sell! I was offered more for my 69 plate 12,000 mile T-cross than I paid for it. I purchased it as an ex demo with 1,000 miles on the clock for £18k for our VW main dealer. I was offered £18,300 yesterday! its our only car so will not sell at this time, but it is tempting.
And if that’s what they are offering you what would they sell it for on the forecourt to make it worth their while doing?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts