Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what kind of battery is in the T-Cross?

There is no information in the user manual about it, and there are no easily see-able stickers on the batter itself (and I'm not really wanting to disconnect all the cabling just to find out).

Is it a standard battery? AGM? some other type? I know is 12v, I got that much :) Its all the other specs I have no idea about.

And on a related note... why does it sit on a battery tray that big enough for nearly two batteries??

Cheers in advance to all you intelligent VW people for your answers!

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
It would be AGM as the car has start stop, so multiple shallow cycles. I'm guessing the tray is to accommodate batteries suitable for larger engines such as the diesel, And if they ever put in a beast engine.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Tricky2,
I assumed it would be AGM, and then went off to try and prove it one way or the other and I am finding it surprisingly difficult to figure out. I cannot see anything in the manual and no easily viewable identifying stickers on the battery.

The reason I ask is that AGM may be considered the standard type of battery for Start/Stop engines, but EFB is an option and could be considered a cheaper "entry-level" battery for Start/Stop engines and considering the cost cutting VW is display in various areas it wouldn't surprise me to learn that the battery in my T-Cross is EFB over a AGM type.

Frankly I'm not that fussed what type I do have, I would just like to know :)

EDIT:
The closest I can find of VW mentioning batteries is here : https://www.volkswagen.com.my/volkswagen-service/parts-and-accessories/battery
where it mentions
"Lead calcium starter batteries, EFB/EFB+ starter batteries, AGM starter batteries "
So who knows!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.