Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been quoted an additional £140 by my insurer (AXA) to insure my T-Cross compared to my current vehicle which is a Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi. My total annual premium now is £530, which is rather a lot for a little 1.0L SUV. If I have a dash cam fitted the premium reduces by £50

I was hoping the cost of insurance would be about the same :cry:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like an opportunity to shop around. I moved from a Toyota Yaris to T-Cross with only a very negligible increase in premium. Even if you have to cancel your current policy and incur a penalty, it may still be worthwhile.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I swapped my Insurance (10 months to run)across from 9 year old Nissan Juke to a brand new T-Cross and no additional cost not even an admin charge.
So it depends on your insurer and each vehicles insurance group.

·
Registered
394 Posts
You need to shop around.....my T-cross is cheaper than previous, similar, cars mainly due to all the built in safety features...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Same here, no difference insuring T-Cross switching from Polo. Definitely shop around, use the big comparison Web sites. MoneySavingsExpert has a section devoted to getting the best deals on car insurance and even gives an order in which to try the comparison sites.

In the end this year our best quote was from Halifax BS. For both the T and my tiguan (were on a multi policy till now)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Under £200 with NFU Mutual for my wife's 1.0 R - Line. Fully comp, full no claims, 2 drivers in their 60s

Might even pay you to cancel the policy and start again elsewhere carrying your NCD across. Even the threat of cancellation might see an immediate reduction.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had quotes from M&S, Lloyds Bank and RAC all around the £270 - £280 mark. Which is about half the price of my insurance with AXA... so the T-Cross is only more expensive to insure with AXA!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well done it always pays to shop around.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just found the same. My current ins wanted £130 more for the T cross. I've found 2 companies who offer less than I was paying

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Mike just renewed our T Cross R Line with LV £320.00 Fully Comp and went through Top Cash Back and will eventually get a further £45.00 back.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My brother told me about NFU today. You have to call to get a quote and state you don't have guns

·
Registered
162 Posts
I went with LV via gocompare as they will pay up to £250 of your excess if you need to make a claim.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts