Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a 1.0 DSG T-Cross for nearly 2 years and I absolutely love it. VW have contacted me about potentially changing my car. I like the 1.0 but have moved to a more hilly area so fancy a 1.5. Doing the online configurator, the T-cross I'd like is almost the same price as a T-Roc.

Has anyone had or experienced both and what are your views? Is the T-Roc loads bigger to drive (I don't want a massive car but like the height)? I probably need to test drive the Roc, but would appreciate some feedback. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
I live in a hilly area, no problem with the 115ps and hills, it's happy to belt up them no problem.

Roc's about mid way between the cross and the mk1 Tig i used to have, I've also had a Roc loaner and they all drive pretty much the same.

VW's not know for philanthropy, if the prices are nearly the same, check what you're loosing as they'll be making the margin somewhere.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
I sat in T Roc before buying mine and didn't like the dark roof lining and the manoeuvrability of the T Cross felt more comfortable.
I gather the new T Cross will have a tiny less bhp now, will lose the CD player and sd card slots.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I looked inside the T - Roc and disliked the shiny dash, and didn't the need the larger size.
The 1.5 engine wasn't an option at the time, possibly because all the problems with it back then, so I settled for the 1.0 which is superb.
I will be changing next year, the 1,5 engine does appeal to me, but will certainly look at the new VW Tiago (similar to the T Cross) before making a decision.
Reviewed here:

Off now to look up 'philanthropy'.

·
Registered
380 Posts
😂 😂

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. I do like my 1.0 and it's v nippy, but isn't the new one 95PS? Mines 110 I think.
Anyway, think I need to have a test drive. I'd love to take the new Taigo for a spin as well :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
I think the manual is 95 and the DSG is now 110,down from 115 due to immission regulations.

·
Administrator
56 Posts
Daytel said:
I looked inside the T - Roc and disliked the shiny dash, and didn't the need the larger size.
The 1.5 engine wasn't an option at the time, possibly because all the problems with it back then, so I settled for the 1.0 which is superb.
I will be changing next year, the 1,5 engine does appeal to me, but will certainly look at the new VW Taigo (similar to the T Cross) before making a decision.
Reviewed here:

Off now to look up 'philanthropy'.
Well if you fancy the Taigo - there's a forum for that! https://www.taigoforums.co.uk/ :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks Rob, I have already joined the Taigo forum recently.
I see you added the above video to it today, it is one of the better ones,

·
Registered
88 Posts
There still seems to be a nagging doubt regarding the 1.5 engine, which I assume you would go for in the T. Roc.
There are still horror stories being shared on the Audi Q2 Forum relating to the Kangerooing even in 2021 cars.
https://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=893
Go to page 5 for the latest information, and some handy links,

Looking today at the T-Roc Forum and they are still having issues as well, go to page 254 for the latest!
https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=266&start=2530

I am coming to the conclusion that it will be safer to stay with the 1.0 110 BHP engine, which is tried and tested.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bought a new T Cross in January and the 1.5 / DSG setup is smooth with good power delivery so maybe it's the manual versions that have the problem.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thank you, that's encouraging,
I will have to do more research nearer the time to change

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.