Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else received a letter about this fault 90S4 - Instrument cluster?

Just got back from a week away to find a letter from VW head of U.K. after sales saying they need my new car back due to a software fault related to no acoustic warning if rear passengers are not fastened in. It then says for safety reasons a check of the tow bar and replacement of the swivelling module may be necessary.
I will contact the dealer tomorrow but I doesn’t have a tow bar fitted and very rarely have rear seat passengers so I am minded to ask them to sort it as part of the first service. Anyone else had this letter or know anything about it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a typical recall letter. Seat belt acoustic warning would be in your own interest to have rectified asap. It's just a software update so it shouldn't take too long - they may even do it as you wait if you ask.
I wish! They said they wanted the car from 8.20 until about 5pm, couldn’t give me a shorter timescale.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked the car up yesterday all done fine. I was also pleasantly suprised to be emailed a video of the visual inspection with the car up on a ramp so I could see all the underside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts